“Stay away. It is not SpringHill” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road

Save Saved
You added Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road to your Saves list
Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 Gum Road, Chesapeake, VA 23321 (Formerly SpringHill Suites)   |
Ranked #26 of 40 hotels in Chesapeake
baltimore
“Stay away. It is not SpringHill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

First I travel with kids so a place with a pool and free breakfast is a must. This place has neither. I don't know when the other people who reviewed the place stayed here but I stayed Aug 17-23 and this was a big disappointment for me. The decor and furnishings are the same as when it was owned by Marriott but the upkeep is definitely not of their standards. I slept on the sofa bed and it was disgusting and the most uncomfortable sofa bed I ever slept in and I have slept in many because I give the kids the bed. Oh and please don't expect them to actually have pillows for it because they don't. The housekeeping staff are loud and rude. Please don't expect anyone to even say Good Morning because hospitality is none existent here. I also was charged $55 over the stated price because expedia does not add in tax or fees in their advertised prices. I will never use them again. I use their competitor and I am never surprised because any additional charges that I have to pay when I arrive is clearly stated before I book. This place is also 38-40 minutes away from the beach and from Busch Gardens. So what I spent extra in fees, breakfast for the kids and then gas of traveling back and forth everyday I could have booked a room closer that had what I needed. But if you want a with nice Marriott-like decor then this is your place but beware a place to sleep is all it is.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was immaculate. The staff were cordial,accommodating and very pleasant. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Keep up the great job! Thank you for a great overnight stay. We were traveling south and your hotel age us an affordable comfortable stay to help us stay refreshed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Indian Trail, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Unbelievably bad experience! Nasty hotel. I should have known better when I saw the name "Suites 4 Less/Extended Stay (used to be Springhill Suites by Mariott) Our baseball coach booked this hotel for July 4th weekend. Mostly everything was booked up so we ended up staying here. The indoor pool was closed and drained with boxes and boxes on the pool deck floor. Fitness gym was closed and loaded with boxes and junk. Billards room was closed and loaded with boxes and junk. Our room had a smell that was undescribeable! It smelled so bad that we had to move rooms. Very sketchy residents/guests staying at this hotel. It was dirty everywhere including the rooms. Do not stay here! You'd be best to stay in your car overnight!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you like contemporary decor, you might like it here. For me, it was a disappointment. The room was lacking in warmth and coziness. The walls and bedspreads are completely white, with no framed pictures on the walls. (There were some black marks, though.) The breakfast was not impressive. The eggs were small, flat yellow circles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I spent 6 months at the Springhill Suites during late 2011 and early 2012. During that time I was treated like family. I was provided with excellent service and greeted every afternoon when I arrived from my work with a pleasent greeting using my name. The desk representative Cassandra would talk to me on the weekend (Sunday) and make sure I had all that I needed for my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Chesapeake, VA area. I travel all over the country and I have never felt more at home while away from home than while I was staying at the Springhill Suites at Chesapeake, VA. This hotel is also conveniently located to the mall and other locations in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we arrived, the staff was friendly and helpful. That will be the only positive comment I can make about our stay. We were exhausted once we unpacked and prepared for the shower, there were bugs in the restroom – around the toilet and in the shower. They could not exchange our room for another room, with it being a holiday weekend nothing was available. Ok, we brushed it off as a fluke however the next night. Once again around 12:30am, we heard loud noises in the hallway. THEY CLEAN THE CARPETS AT NIGHT, or should I say earlier morning. Not only will you be entertained by the carpet cleaning however the conversations that are screamed over the cleaning noises are priceless. Complaining to Management I was told” Cleaning during the day there were complaints so they now Clean in the Early Am hours and I was the only person t hat complained and he wasn’t going to do anything to accommodate us due to the only fact that I was the only person that complained”! This place is just what it states a Cheap Place to Stay. Be prepared with Bug spray and Headsets! The Kitchen is closed, The workroom is closed, the Billiard room is close, but the bugs are open! Come on in!!!

Room Tip: Bring Bug spray and headsets. If anything goes wrong don't bother the Owner/Manager once your ca...