“Great location in heart of Greanbrier” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great location in heart of Greanbrier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel is very clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast was OK but I have grown not to expect much from hotel breakfast. Kids are always happy and food is food.

Rooms are clean and convenient. I like the item placed in the room and cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2013
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Greetings Mr. Swartz,

We are pleased to hear that you found our location a good one and that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake. Our team works very hard to ensure that your guest rooms are clean and our service above the best. I am also happy to let you know that our Springhill Brand is in the process of offering new and exciting breakfast opitions, including many more healthier choices and more variety. You can expect this sometime this summer, so please, come back soon! We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

So, first night I stayed here, I was unimpressed. My coffee pot wasn't refreshed, my sink wasn't cleaned, my cups weren't replaced with clean ones, and my linens weren't cleaned. But the second night, 100% of everything was done. So, fine - someone didn't do an excellent job but the person after them did.
Then, an almost horrible experience was completely diffused by an absolute angel!! Her name was CASSANDRA, and she works the front desk in the morning. I had an issue with dry cleaning, but this woman - wow!!! I couldn't have an issue in her presence. She simply took the issues away. I went to her with my dirty clothes, and she had to tell me that the cleaners had come early, and I wasn't going to get my clothes in the time I had expected. But, she held such a wonderful presence, and took on all ownership before I even had a chance to get angry about the situation... She was truly the epitome of "mother". Her style of customer service is so hard to find, downright impossible. She had no ego, she simply left me feeling so assured that things would be taken care of.
When you're away from home, it is a rare person that can hold that kind of space for you. A perfect stranger, yet she reached through the boundaries of interpersonal relationships and simply emitted the concept that all was OK. What else could you possibly ask for...??
I was questioning my selection of hotels before my interaction with CASSANDRA, but afterwards, I'd be fine with whatever might come, because I trust her. One night of so-so service, another night of exactly what you'd expect from a major chain, but CASSANDRA was the tie breaker. Her simple interaction made the difference between whether I'd return to this hotel or not.
Thank you CASSANDRA. You bless us all by who you are!!! You turned a so-so stay into an excellent experience with nothing more than your beautiful personage and presence.

• Stayed March 2013
To our valued customer,

From the Staff and Management of the Springhill Suites , we would like to send a very sincere Thank You! for your heart felt comments and feedback about our hotel. As you so clearly implied, Cassandra is a rare gem that we are so blessed to have. She is so very thankful that she was able to bring that special touch to your stay, which is something that she is so consistent in delivering to each an every person that she has the opportunity to connect with.

We are glad that you left our hotel feeling the true hospitality that we as a Marriott are so proud to deliever.

Thank you again, Cassandra, staff and I look forward to having you back again soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here once again (July 17-July 21) as I came to Chesapeake for a conference in 2012. I really love the convenience of the location, the decor and the friendly staff. It was great to see Cassandra and Ms. Penny once again who made me feel like I was right at home. I am in the process of planning my 2013 trip to the area once again and I definitely plan to stay at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier which I have deemed my home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greeting Mr. Riley,

We are so happy to know that you are coming back for another trip around. As your conference continues their annual event, we apprecaite knowing that you have made our hotel your permanent home. It was so nice hearing from you again. Please know the team at the Springhill are all anxiousley waiting for you and your attendees to come back so we can provide you with the service you all so much deserve.

Take care and we'll see you soon!
Plainfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent @ 3-4 months due to business travel at this hotel. Everyone was nice, professional, helpful and accommodating. The staff was great and made my stay feel like it was a home away from home; I felt like I was staying at a home away from home, I never felt like I was staying in a "hotel". The sales manager Stephanie E was very accommodating and was willing to go above and beyond to help ensure my needs and reservations were meet. I stayed at the hotel during Hurricane Sandy and the staff ensured that I was taken care of and made me feel like a person instead of just a number or guest. Janaee, Cassandra, Tumara and Antoinette thank you for everything and I appreciate the fact that you really do care about your job and the people that stay at your hotel. Thank you! Every time I come back to the area I plan on staying with you and I would highly recommend your hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The environment at the hotel is very clean, beds were amazing and anything that you need the staff w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Maria,

The staff at the Springhill Suites are so very pleased to hear that we made your very long stay an enjoyable and relaxing one. We know that being away from home sometimes can be uncomfortable, that's why we at the Springhill look for ways to make our guest feel like family. We know that you became a part of our family and everyone truly enjoyed you being in our home and getting you know you so well.

Everyone sends a big hello! and we hope to hear from you soon. Until next time, thank you again.
Windermere, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here. The staff was very nice but the hotel needs upkep. In the bathroom the towel rack was hanging from the wall. The room was not as clean as it should. At ther breakfest the cerel was in cantainers with a lid, you spooned out the cereal. Not very healthy. The waffles were premade- tasteless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Greetings to our valued customer,

We at the Springhill Suites Chesapeake would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to Marriott standards. Please know that we do take your comments seriously and we have already addressed the items that you mentioned that needed attention.

We would love to have you back to allow us another opporutnity to have a great stay with us.
We hope to see you soon!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a Marriott property, so I guess I expected a little more than I got.
On the "plus" side, the room rate was very reasonable for this area, the location was convenient for the business appoinments I had, and there are plenty of places to eat supper nearby.
On the "minus" side, the fabric on the arm of the couch was badly frayed, the towels in the bathroom were paper-thin (and as scratchy as sandpaper), and I had to go searching for a Front Desk Person when I went to check out (to be fair, it was very early in the morning).
Overall, my experience here was just "Average".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Little Ferry, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wherever I decide to stay, I always check the comments on Trip Advisors. I was looking for a hotel near the Norfolk Naval station. I spoke to Cassandra and asked her how far the hotel was from the naval base. She was so warm and personable that she convinced me to book two rooms for my stay. I told her that I would introduce myself to her when I arrived. The hotel was wonderful - clean, tastefully decorated, and comfortable; the staff was courteous and professional. The hotel is situated where there are many stores and restaurants nearby.

When I met Cassandra, she gave me a warm hug and told me that she noticed that I changed my arrival (very astute). She also introduced me to her manager, Ms. Penny Hunt, who was just as gracious in welcoming me to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was great. The staff kept the food stocked when needed. I would have rated this hotel as outstanding, however, my friend slipped in the shower. There was no mat or strips in the tub to prevent one from slipping. As soon as Cassandra heard that my friend had her accident, she gave me a bag to fill up with ice to put on my friend's leg (neither my friend nor I thought of that) to minimize the swelling. Ms. Hunt came to the room as soon as Cassandra had told her about the accident to write-up a report. My friend felt that she would be all right, but wanted a copy of the report in case there were additional problems from the fall. I know that there will be preventative measures taken so there will be no accidents in the bathtub.

I definitely would recommend this hotel without hesitation, and I can see why this hotel was named Best Hotel in 2012. I hope the hotels that I stay at in the future will have the same calibre that I experienced at SpringHills Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Greetings to our Very Special Trip Advisor Guests!

Hope all is well with you and your family, and we truly hope your friend is feeling better. From me and my entire team, we would like to say "THANK YOU" for the generous compliments and kinds words about our hotel and staff. Our team works very hard to bring a special warm touch to our guests. We want every one of our guest to feel like we are an extended family, and we welcome all into our home with open arms.

When ever your travels bring you back to our area, we look forward to seeing you again. Wishing you and the family all the best in the New Year.

Your New Family

Sprighilll Suites Greenbrier

Been to Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier? Share your experiences!