“Some Highs and Lows; But would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
NC
“Some Highs and Lows; But would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was my first stay in a Springhill Suites and was more than pleasantly surprised by my first impression of the hotel and rooms. Large contemporary lobby and reception area. Spacious suite with sofa bed, work station and mini-kitchen area. Kitchen area includes sink, small counter space, mini-fridge, and microwave. Large flat-screen TV with swivel base; also strategically located in room so that it can be viewed from both the desk/suite area side, as well as the beds side of the room <ahh, the little things -:)>. Comfy beds, plenty of electrical outlets. Ipod docking station….Right in the heart of a plethora of shopping and chain restaurants.

We were traveling with a large party and the Service Representative we worked with was very accommodating and ensured that all of our rooms were together on the same floor <2 thumbs up for that!!>. Another magical moment with this same Representative <I wish I could remember her name> - we had another member of our party that required a handicapped accessible room. The double rooms do not come handicapped accessible (only the single rooms); but there are some double rooms that include a seat for the shower. The Representative allowed us to view the room before checking in and was still able to ensure the room was on the same floor and section of our other rooms. <Thank you!!>

Few other points for potential guests. The fan in our bathroom continued to run even when the bathroom light was turned off. Only slightly annoying but we remedied that by keeping the bathroom door closed. I did notice that our trash bins had not been emptied the first night. We also had a member of our party that indicated there was a used razor left in the bathroom when they first checked in. On our last night, when we arrived back to the hotel late that evening, we discovered that our room had not been cleaned at all. In fairness to the hotel, we had the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign up until around 1:30. However, I’ve never encountered that as an issue in other hotels. Another member of our party indicated they had the same experience the night before and that they were told that they do not clean rooms after 3pm. I am not certain if that is a Springhill corporate policy or if that was just for that location, but it may be helpful if they somehow communicate that with guests beforehand.

I did not have an opportunity to do my routine fitness center excursion so can not speak to that. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast. Again, did not experience first hand, but a few members of my party described it as average. On a personal note- no recycle bins in the rooms which of course was no major impact to the stay but I would love to see that become a standard for notable hotels <just my 2 cents if I had the power to change the world (^_^)>

All in all, good stay. Would stay again but would just ensure the staff were aware that I would like to have the room cleaned daily.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Everything about the hotel was enjoyable, except housekeeping neglected to clean our room the next day. I went to the front desk to tell them so, and asked for some new towels. When someone was sent up to deliver them, they turned out to be pool towels, not bath towels. When I called the front desk again to ask for bath towels, the person said she'd those are the only ones they have left and she'd look. Guess she couldn't find any because no one was sent up again. First, I expected more of a response when I said housekeeping never came to clean our room. Second, how can a hotel this size not have extra bath towels?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your comments. Our hotel staff consistantly works on providing a problem frree stay for our customers. As a Marriott hotel, if we fall short in providing a perfect experience, we take action immediatley to make it right. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you visit our area.

Thank you again.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Went to pack my belongings to leave the hotel and realized an item of mine was missing. It was stolen from me while I was out of the hotel room. I was told that it could not have been stolen because the hotel never had that problem. Didn't think that was the best response. I was very upset that I trusted the girl cleaning my room. I asked to speak with her to see if she had seen what I was looking for but that day she happened to be off. Left my phone number with someone to call and I never heard from them. If you plan on staying in this hotel make sure to bring a lock and protect your belongings.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us. Please know that it is our practice to ensure a safe and secure enviroment for all our guest. We are and will remain committed to helping our guest have a positive experience

Thank you again for your comments.
Woodstock, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I recently took a family vacation with myself, daughter and her friend. We stayed at Springhill for 5 days and 4 nights. It was a wonderful experience. The staff made the stay worthwhile. I really enjoyed the hotel being close to shopping and restaurants. While there we also visited Virginia Beach which was nearby and Busch Gardens which was a not so bad drive.

All of the staff that I encountered was friendly and helpful. I want to give a special shout out to Yvette at the front desk. Yvette helped me with a personal situation that I encountered while checking in. She made it all possible to accomodate and assist me. Everytime I saw her, she made sure that everything was going well. I also want to shout out Lisa in the catering side. She was warm and welcoming each morning with breakfast. She always had a friendly smile in the morning.

The hotel provided all the amenities at a reasonable rate. The pool was on the small-side but my daughter enjoyed her time there. My daughter did notice a stain on one of the pillowcases that looked set in and old but she just didn't use that pillow because they provided 4 pillows anyway. The bathroom was equipped with space with 2 toilet paper holders but one of ours was broken but that was minor and we didn't miss it. My daughter and I have already decided that we will stay here again when we visit Virginia again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hello valued guest,
Thank your for your wonderful comments. The staff and I are so pleased that you and your family found our accommodations enjoyable. We work very hard to ensure that all our guest feel comfortable and welcome. Yvette and Lisa both appreciate your special compliments and send a big thank you!

We look forward to having you back again on your next trip.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

For the past 2 years, I stop in Chesapeake VA, on my way to SC. I only spend one night in VA and need a convenient hotel for me and my 3 kids. We happened upon Springhill Suites and it has proven to be a great find! After driving several hours, I am welcomed by a friendly and very helpful staff.

The room has always been ready and clean! The hotel is very quiet and there is a no party policy, which I think every hotel should have!!

I highly recommend this hotel and will be back there next summer!

Room Tip: The double suite slept 2 adults and 3 kids comfortably.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Hello valued guest,

Thank you for the very kind compliments regarding our facility. Our hotel values any and all feedback and we work hard to implement policies and services that are important to our customers convenience. In addition we try to ensure all our guest have a positive experience, from quality to appearance and most of all service. The staff truly appreciates hearing that we created a positive experience for you. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Nice people who work there, keep the hotel spotless and friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We were thrilled that the Springhill Suites Greenbrier was your hotel of choice and we look forward to having you back again. Until next time, the staff and managment wishes you and your family all the best! Thank you again.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Coming from Little Rock, Arkansas to Chesapeake, Virginia for a conference was the main focus of our visit to Virginia. We deicded to come a couple of days early to relax and our experience at Springhill Suites proved that we made the right decision. From the moment that we arrived, Keila was wonderful with getting us checked in and situated in our rooms. Her beautiful smile and excellent customer service skills does not go unnoticed. During our stay, I ran into a personal issue for which Cassandra stepped in and handled with the utmost professionalism. She maintained the interity of hotel policy while at the same time was able to assist me in a way that alleviated what could have been a very stressful situation. Ms. Penny is a major asset to the Hotel, because the staff is only a reflection of the leadership. During my moment of "crisis," Ms. Penny also had to step in and help me to come up with a solution that made our stay the most pleasant.

My overall impression of the Hotel is a result of the impeccable customer service by all, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast...OUTSTANDING. Lisa was very attentive and there was a gentleman whose name that I did not get, but his service skills were amazing. I could go on and on about Springhill Suites in Chesapeake because this experience exceeds any that I have ever had. Please know that I plan to visit the city again, and often, mainly because of the service that I received with Springhill Suites. By the way, because of the wonderful service we extended our stay for another day. I highly reccommend Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier to all who visit the city.

Thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Mr. Riley,
The staff at the Springhill Suites and I would like to extend a huge "thank you” for your compliments. It was truly a pleasure having you and your entire group at our hotel for your church conference and we are glad we were able to provide you with such a positive experience. Having such a large group for such a long period of time allows us a chance to really get to know and understand our guests', we enjoyed the opportunity.
Thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to having you back the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Been to Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier? Share your experiences!