“Friendly, Convenient and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Friendly, Convenient and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

For the past 2 years, I stop in Chesapeake VA, on my way to SC. I only spend one night in VA and need a convenient hotel for me and my 3 kids. We happened upon Springhill Suites and it has proven to be a great find! After driving several hours, I am welcomed by a friendly and very helpful staff.

The room has always been ready and clean! The hotel is very quiet and there is a no party policy, which I think every hotel should have!!

I highly recommend this hotel and will be back there next summer!

Room Tip: The double suite slept 2 adults and 3 kids comfortably.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Hello valued guest,

Thank you for the very kind compliments regarding our facility. Our hotel values any and all feedback and we work hard to implement policies and services that are important to our customers convenience. In addition we try to ensure all our guest have a positive experience, from quality to appearance and most of all service. The staff truly appreciates hearing that we created a positive experience for you. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Nice people who work there, keep the hotel spotless and friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We were thrilled that the Springhill Suites Greenbrier was your hotel of choice and we look forward to having you back again. Until next time, the staff and managment wishes you and your family all the best! Thank you again.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Coming from Little Rock, Arkansas to Chesapeake, Virginia for a conference was the main focus of our visit to Virginia. We deicded to come a couple of days early to relax and our experience at Springhill Suites proved that we made the right decision. From the moment that we arrived, Keila was wonderful with getting us checked in and situated in our rooms. Her beautiful smile and excellent customer service skills does not go unnoticed. During our stay, I ran into a personal issue for which Cassandra stepped in and handled with the utmost professionalism. She maintained the interity of hotel policy while at the same time was able to assist me in a way that alleviated what could have been a very stressful situation. Ms. Penny is a major asset to the Hotel, because the staff is only a reflection of the leadership. During my moment of "crisis," Ms. Penny also had to step in and help me to come up with a solution that made our stay the most pleasant.

My overall impression of the Hotel is a result of the impeccable customer service by all, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast...OUTSTANDING. Lisa was very attentive and there was a gentleman whose name that I did not get, but his service skills were amazing. I could go on and on about Springhill Suites in Chesapeake because this experience exceeds any that I have ever had. Please know that I plan to visit the city again, and often, mainly because of the service that I received with Springhill Suites. By the way, because of the wonderful service we extended our stay for another day. I highly reccommend Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier to all who visit the city.

Thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Mr. Riley,
The staff at the Springhill Suites and I would like to extend a huge "thank you” for your compliments. It was truly a pleasure having you and your entire group at our hotel for your church conference and we are glad we were able to provide you with such a positive experience. Having such a large group for such a long period of time allows us a chance to really get to know and understand our guests', we enjoyed the opportunity.
Thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to having you back the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I've been a part time resident for nearly 9 months and I cannot find enough superlatives to describe the people who work in this hotel. Each person goes out of their way to be helpful and truly goes above and beyond to make sure each stay is a good experience. The two minor issues I've had in 9 months were quickly taken care of to more than my satisfaction.

The facilties are clean and well maintained. With a Marriott property, consistency is key and this facility is no different.

I highly recommend the SpringHill Suites for your stay in Chesapeake!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for you comments regarding the Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier as you "home away from home." I am so pleased to hear that our facility fits your needs as a frequent traveler. I will be sure the share your comments with our entire team for they are always happy to hear how their hard work and hospitality is perceived by our guest. Thank you again, we appreciate your loyalty and look foward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was my first experience with a Springhill Suites property, though I am a long time Marriott card holder and stay close to a hundred nights a year in hotels. I'm happy to recommend the hotel and would definitely try another Springhill Suites after such a positive experience with this one.

The hotel was very modern and comfortable with spacious suites. The color scheme was very beachy, which made the suite bright and calming. I really liked the configuration that had a partial wall separating the office/living room area from the bedroom. The rooms also had the sink outside of the bathroom, which is very convenient when traveling with more than 1 person in a room. The entire property, including our suite, was clean and practically sparkling, which is very important to me. Even the breakfast area is continually kept up during the morning rush.

Internet service was speedy, which I appreciated, since I spent mornings working from the hotel. The hotel is located in an area with many restaurant choices, so it's the ideal place to stay for either business or pleasure.

The thing that really set the hotel apart for me though was excellent and very friendly customer service. We were always greeted with a smile, and the hotel was very accomodating, allowing one member of my party to check into their room before I arrived and allowing me a late check out, which enabled me to complete my work for the day. The only issue we had was a room missing some lights, and we were promptly moved to a room without any issues.

This hotel is a great example for a brand, and I will try other Springhill Suites in the future and hope to have as good an experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Hello valued guest,

It is not often that individuals take time out to write such a wonderful compliment as you did for us. On behalf of our entire team and the management staff we would like to send a huge thank you for such kind words. We strive very hard to give every guest that comes through our door an exceptional experience, from start to finish. We are thrilled that you found our accommodations clean, modern, convenient and above all friendly and welcoming. Thank you again. We are glad to have you on as one of our new Springhill Customers!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Came into town to visit (family reunion) Excellent stay. I was able to meet hotel manager - great hospitality. The amenities were excellent; like the free breakfast bar and usage of computers for planning trips. It was very close to stores, restaurants and a theatre. Furthermore it was near the highway and easy access to beach. I really never had to leave. I loved the private pool and weight room. Unbelievable staff; they were very courteous and took care of all of our needs in a very timely manner. I would absolutely recommend this location to anyone who needed a place to stay in Chesapeake.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
To our valued guest,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We are glad to hear that our accommodations along with our surrounding area was convenient and enjoyable to you and your family. We strive to have the right information avaialble so we can help assist our guest with ALL their needs. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again.
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I'm a Marriott Rewards Gold member and have stayed in a Marriott hotel over 50 nights this year. I have been more than pleased with every Marriott with the exception of this one. I have made a list of resons why:
Old blood stain on comforter that was not changed for several days. Elevator's are very slow, No vending machines on the floors, pool set at hot tub temps., no room service one day, trash not taken out the next day, hard chunks of something in coffee mug the whole 22 day stay, clothes dryer didn't dry clothes, when maids cleaned they turned up the radio and you could hear it down the hall way, colleague and I both had to reactivate room keys at one point.
Granted these are small things but they add up to a unpleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Penny_Hunt, General Manager at Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments. It is always our goal to ensure all our guest have a positive experience. Please know that had we been informed of the items that were mentioned in your comments we would have made every effort to correct them. The Springhill Suites Greenbrier is committed and dedicated to our customers, if something is not right we want to fix it. If you are ever in the area again, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you the type of service we know we can provide.

Thank you again.

Been to Springhill Suites Chesapeake Greenbrier? Share your experiences!