“A Great Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foxfield Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottesville
Foxfield Inn
You added Foxfield Inn to your Saves list
2280 Garth Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2005

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay here! Mary Pat and John are a friendly, accomodating couple and their inn oozes 18th century charm with WONDERFUL modern amenities (like the jacuzzi!). A great breakfast and friendly mealtime talk made this exactly what we needed in a one-night escape!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

I couldn't say enough about the Foxfield Inn in Charlottesville! John and Mary Pat surely have the gift of hospitality. The house is absolutely spotless and the breakfasts are delicious. And they are the nicest people you could ever meet!

By far, the best B&B we've been in!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

My husband and I just made our first trip to Charlottesville and Wow what a beautiful way to see it while staying at the Foxfield Inn! The Inn was cozy, yet had such class. We stayed in the Garden Room and enjoyed looking at the little birds enjoying their breakfast every morning from the feeder outside our window. The gas fireplace in our room and jacuzzi tub for 2 made our stay tre romantic! The house was gorgeous, as are the grounds surrounding. If you are in need of a country getaway, or just passing through, I highly recommend paying a visit to the Foxfield Inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2005

Our stay at the Foxfield Inn was better than we ever expected. It was romantic, and everything was just perfect. Mary Pat and John made sure that our stay with them was exactely as we wanted. The room was beautiful, the spa was so much fun, and Mary Pat's breakfast in the morning was delicious. It couldn't have been better! We definitely recommend it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

We just returned from a great weekend. This was our first visit to a Bed and Breakfeast and I'm affraid that they set have set such a high standard that I'm afraid that I would be disapionted at another B&B. Mary Pat and John were so courteous and ejoyable to be around. They were able to make for a relaxing weekend and willing to do enverything to make our stay an enjoyable one. Mary Pat made inquiries about our likes regarding breakfests and were made to our liking each morning.
The rooms were absolutely beautiful. the room decore was above anything I expected. I could of stayed in the room the entire weekend. The fireplace and the bed turns the room into your own oasis. And the large four post bed is so comfortable getting up for breakfest became difficult. Your large jacuzzi tub could put you to sleep and is so relaxing, with the candles and dimmed lighting you might be there for hours.
The grounds such as the hot tub and gazebo lead to an relaxing, romantic start to any day and/or eveninig. The only problem that I could even come close to finding is that the weekend had to end and we had to leave and head back to our hectic life again. If you just want to get away and relax whether read a book, enjoy the the view, or just sit around and do nothing, this is your place. Time will go so fast and before you know it, like everything else it will have to come to an end.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

I travel every week on business, and though I have probably experienced hotel amenities at every level, I cannot recall a more complete experience than the Foxfield Inn. It is exquisite in every detail. The setting is serene; the Inn is a contemporary, ranch-style home in beautiful surroundings in the countryside just outside Charlottesville. The Innkeepers, Mary Pat and John Hulbert, are personable and warm, ready to meet any need that their guests may have. One look around my room was all it took to see that no detail was left unattended. My room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The only thing I needed was more time to enjoy the Foxfield Inn! During both of my stays other guests were also present at the Inn. Mary Pat easily accomodated our schedules for breakfast the next morning. I enjoyed dining with other guests and the meals were expertly prepared. During my second visit my daughter flew in to tour the University of Virginia campus. Our room contained a pull out couch, and still had plenty of room for both of us to feel comfortable. I plan to stay there whenever I visit Charlottesville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2005

My wife & I celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary at Foxfield Inn and found it to be truly outstanding! The breakfast was amazing.
George & Michelle

Been to Foxfield Inn? Share your experiences!