I was part of a group of four ladies who had afternoon tea at Clifton Inn, in Charlottesville, VA. The tea was served very informally in a very uninviting living room that was furnished in art deco, not befitting the setting of a lovely Southern mansion. Tea was served by the bartender and included one small scone, two slivers of lemon bread and one strawberry. There were only six selections from which to choose and it was presented in a heavy porcelain cup with a teabag. Clifton Inn was highlighted in the July/August 2007 edition of "Tea Time" magazine, but in no way reflected the description in the magazine.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clifton, a luxury hotel member of Relais & Châteaux, puts guests in the best of both worlds with the intimacy of small inns and exquisite comforts of world-class hotels. A spectacular 100-acre setting in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The best fine dining on the Charlottesville restaurant scene. World-class service. The list goes on and on. Clifton memories are here for the making. Consider yourself cordially invited to make some of your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.