Some strong pros and cons here. I have dined here several times and THREE times the check has been wrong, in their favor. the last time was this past week by about $40.00. They charge by the number of courses you order and the last two times they have charged us for more courses than we ordered (or had). So, be aware. But the chef is very good and the food tends to be interesting and tasty. I have only stayed overnight once, and it was a very comfortable, pleasant room with nice bedding and sitting area, and we enjoyed the infinity pool. The service tends to be slow and rather uneven, though, and the grounds could stand some manicuring, so in some ways it is a bit overpriced and overhyped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clifton, a luxury hotel member of Relais & Châteaux, puts guests in the best of both worlds with the intimacy of small inns and exquisite comforts of world-class hotels. A spectacular 100-acre setting in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The best fine dining on the Charlottesville restaurant scene. World-class service. The list goes on and on. Clifton memories are here for the making. Consider yourself cordially invited to make some of your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn