My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, it was so beautiful and the views were beyond breathtaking, so imagine my disappointment when we had bugs (later found out they were called Stink Bugs) all over our room. They kept coming, I called down to the staff and they said not to kill them, because they will smell. We proceeded to the bar and she asked if we would like a drink, I'm thinking ok well it's the least she could do was buy us a drink....so the next day I asked them to check our room frequently so we wouldn't have the same problem....AGAIN they came flying like crazy!!! yes, they were quick to deal with the issue, but when you are paying over $200 a night and on your honeymoon, this is not what you want to see. Well, the drink I thought was a courteous gesture was charged to our room! yes they took off the service fee, however with the hotel being as expensive as it was they should have been more accomodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clifton, a luxury hotel member of Relais & Châteaux, puts guests in the best of both worlds with the intimacy of small inns and exquisite comforts of world-class hotels. A spectacular 100-acre setting in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The best fine dining on the Charlottesville restaurant scene. World-class service. The list goes on and on. Clifton memories are here for the making. Consider yourself cordially invited to make some of your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn