“Cute, Quiet & Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rooster Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottesville
Rooster Hill Bed & Breakfast
You added Rooster Hill Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
5864 Wyant Lane, Charlottesville, VA 22903   |
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Cute, Quiet & Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The B&B was so cute and peaceful. A great value, and we were in town at the peak of fall foliage. Just gorgeous. Larry built the house by hand, and the two guest rooms are two years old, from what he told me. But they felt and smelled brand new.

My boyfriend and I got to enjoy downtown Charlottesville, Monticello & Shenandoah - they were all an easy drive from the B&B. I'd highly recommend bringing some food to eat if you want to spend the night in, and hang on the porch and enjoy the quiet.

Feeding the chickens was the highlight of my Saturday morning, of course, and everything was there that we needed for breakfast. We only had two small complaints: the first, we were only left 5 eggs for the weekend, and made the wrong assumption that we'd have some more for Sunday morning. Larry told me that the chickens hadn't been producing eggs like they used to, though, so I understood. The second was that the toilet ran a little incessantly, but again, not the end of the world.

We would ABSOLUTELY stay again (we're already talking about next year) and recommend to friends. As a side note, we had dinner on Saturday night at Fleurie in downtown Charlottesville. Incredible, fine French cuisine. Highly, highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller of the two rooms and it was HUGE
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I would have given this all '5's' except for the location. After a week in DC I knew I wanted the kind of peace and quiet a country location offers, but this is a bit out of the way for some travelers, about 15 miles west of Charlottsville in the most lush and beautiful woodlands and rolling hills you will ever see.

My space was huge, privately tucked below the house on the lee side of a gentle hill, beautifully decorated and so clean you could indeed 'eat off the floor.'

The owner met me with a big smile, showed me around and then pointed out the fresh baked loaf of bread in my kitchen along with homemade blueberry jam and their hens' eggs plus more breakfast staples and goodies. Home was never this good! It was also a surprisingly great value. I'd shopped around for the best price and this more than met my expectations.

• Stayed October 2012
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We found this B&B on the internet and booked it on the recommendations of others writing reviews here. We were more than pleased with the accomodations. Some very nice touches by the owner. We enjoyed the farm fresh eggs and fresh bread. This was a convenient location for us to do a variety of activities. A great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I booked the smaller room for 3 nights. The room is very clean and nicely furnished and everything seems quite new. We were happy with breakfast each morning using the provided eggs, bread, milk and coffee. We had a good time feeding the chickens each morning before heading out for the day (we spent time in Shenandoah Park, visiting wineries in the area and going into Charlottesville). Our hosts were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We took several of their suggestions and enjoyed them. We would love to return some time and will be recommending Rooster Hill to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We booked Room 1, which is larger, for two nights while attending my nephew’s graduation from Miller School of Albemarle. The school is just five minutes away from the B&B. Location made it very convenient to come back to rest between the different activities. The room was nicely decorated and the small kitchen area was great for preparing breakfast: fresh eggs, bread, jam, orange juice and coffee for breakfast. The room had windows on two sides that overlooked the beautiful countryside. We would definitely stay here again and the price is right.

Room Tip: Parking, gazebo, and and porch was outside the door.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We booked both rooms for UVA graduation weekend and -- to echo the review of the family that stayed at Rooster Hill last year at this time -- it was the perfect choice. It provided the ideal setting for our family to gather and celebrate the occasion. The setting is idyllic, Dina and Larry are the perfect hosts and the location allows you to avoid the crowds and traffic in town. We can't recommend it highly enough and will certainly be back!

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Spent 9 nights and enjoyed it a lot. I will ditto previous comments. Innkeepers were very friendly and had the right balance of leaving you alone and chatting if you wanted to. We had special needs, an elevated toilet for my Mom, and a travel wheelchair, hosts Larry and Dina found them for us. Having our own little kitchen for breakfast and picnik making was great.

Room Tip: The bigger room has direct access to the gazebo which we used for our breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rooster Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!