“Why Cville Restaurant are Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Why Cville Restaurant are Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Right here in little ole Charlottesville is one of the best Tibetan restaurants in the USA. Charming atmosphere, large menu and reasonable prices. Located on the eastern end of the funky downtown 'mall', it is a great place to have a leisurely lunch or dinner.

Visited December 2011

68% Recommend
Charlottesville, VA
“Satisfying with both service and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

After reading several reviews, and knowing it was a busy weekend in Charlottesville, I was a bit hesitant coming here the other night. After much convincing by 7 others in my party, we went. Not having made reservations, we were quickly sat. After browsing the menu for about five minutes, our waiter came to take our order and helped us with our questions. After about 20 minutes from being served our appetizers, our meal came. We had ordered five dishes to share amongst us all. Yes, portions were not that large. Then again, this is not a buffet. I had tried two other Indian restaurants in the area, and this is by far my favourite. Everyone had enjoyed their meal and certainly had enough that evening, without feeling overwhelmed.

Overall, I would go again. I enjoyed the flavours and spicyness that some Indian/Asian lack.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
lynchburg, va
“Indian/Tibetan food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011 via mobile

Menu made of Indian foods, with a section of Tibetan entrees. Had the vegetable pakora, vegetable korma, garlic naan which were all very good. The mango lassi was excellent!!! Service good, nice decor, moderatly priced, may eat indoors or out. Give it a try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Yummy food, lousy service, no atmosphere. But yummy food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

First time visiting this Tibetan/Indian fusion restaurant (there's one other nation fused in there but I'm blanking on it) on Charlottesville's Downtown Mall. Was with a large group, the hostess said "we'll have to put you in the back near the kitchen so you might be quite warm" (note: this was in July, there were less than 10 other people in the restaurant and plenty of other tables, and we were professionally dressed adults - not sure why they felt the need to put us in a potentially uncomfortable seating situation when there were other options available).
It took 20 minutes - no joke - 20 minutes before a waitress arrived at our table to ask for drink orders, and she neglected to tell us anything about their happy hour special which ended about 5 minutes after she finally came to our table (could've enjoyed their happy hour had she visited our table upon our arrival and informed us of the deals).
Our food was brought out in a timely manner and it was all VERY good - I had some amazing rice wrap dumplings, tandoori chicken was phenomenal, everything was super super good - not too spicy, but definitely had a lot of flavor and spice.
Our waitress never asked us if we wanted refills on anything except water, and it took quite some time for her to bring and pick up our bill. I'm not trying to snobby or high maintenance, I just believe in timely service, especially when a restaurant is NOT at peak hours or very full, there wasn't any real reason for her to so delayed with the service. I was disappointed but will likely return because the food was good and I'm going to give our server the benefit of the doubt that this was her first night as a server...

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Today I paid for food I did not receive. When I brought this too the attention of the manager, she got angry and refused to address the situation. I called tonight to speak with a manager who refused to give me her name or the name of the owner. Weird!

• Visited August 2011