“Very Accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Northern Virginia
20 attraction reviews
“Very Accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went here with 8 people and two Newfoundlands. The dogs were allowed inside the beautiful tasting room, but because of the crowds they started an outside tasting on the patio. Wines were above average for Virginia and the ambiance was great. Will definitely go again when we visit Charlottesville.

Visited September 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Pretty views but disappointing experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I visited the winery a few weeks ago and was very disappointed in the overall experience. The winery is set in a beautiful area outside of Charlottesville with a short 10-15 minute drive from the city. The drive is beautiful and you get a great view of Vineyards from the main road (the vineyards actually belong to the Trump Winery but make great photo opportunities none-the-less).
Upon arriving at the winery, we proceeded to the main building and we were a little confused about the process of getting tasting since there isn't any signs or directions to let us know to pay before or pay later, etc. No big deal though, we just asked the cashier and she instructed us to go to the bar and just ask for a tasting. Then we would pay for the tasting and any other items we wanted at the end of our visit.
Up to this point, we were a little unimpressed but still feeling good about the visit. That is, until we actually did the tasting. The gentlemen pouring our glasses did not give us very much information about each wine and seemed more interested in pouring the glasses and getting onto the next wine. It didn't help that the wines are poured as you arrive to the table so none of the guests are on the same wine at the same time.
This was not my first wine tasting at a winery and I did not go in ready to compare this tasting with others; however, I do love that most tastings I have experienced have a sense of fun as the group enjoys each wine together and can talk about which ones they like and which ones they didn't. Often, I've shared and heard others' stories during wine tastings and it has become much more than a simple taste of a drink, but Blenheim Winery just didn't have that same personal feel. It was much more impersonal and we were out of the building within 7 or 8 minutes... not quite worth the drive. Not to mention, we didn't like any of the wines enough to buy even a single bottle. :(
I will say, the grounds are absolutely beautiful and if you are looking for a nice place to spend the afternoon or have lunch you can bring your own lunch to the winery and sip wine on their deck, with views of the vineyard and mountains out in front of you.

Visited July 2012
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“True Grown Inspiration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm not much of a Dave Mathews fan (for you that don't know: Dave started the vineyard). but I do have to say that I am a fan of the wine that is being grown their. I did the wine tasting and ended up buying three bottles. I'm not a white wine drinker but one of the wines I purchased was a white table wine that was simply magnificent.A wonderful experience.

Visited August 2012
Bangor, Maine
25 attraction reviews
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped here on our Virgina Wine tour honeymoon because another winery had suggested we do so. Apparently Blenheim is owned by someone with a connection to The Dave Matthews Band. The inside of the winery was stunning and the woman at the cash register when we purchased our wines, was a sweetheart. But our tasting was less then memorable.

The young lady doing our tasting was nice enough when we got started, but then quickly lost interest in us. A young man, who was also getting his master in wine making studies stepped to the bar. She then proceeded to carry on a conversation with him about their shared academic interests and we became invisible. She would pour our taste in our glass, quickly explain the wine, then rush off down to the other end of the bar where he was. We would wait, and wait, and wait for her to return. When she did, she would fumble around with the wines trying to remember what wine we were on, and then rush back to the other end. I was never so grateful for a tasting to be over!!!

We weren't really happy with any of their wines, but wanted to buy one because of the Dave Matthews Band connection...of which we didn't see any evidence inside the winery or was it ever mentioned.

And like I said, the woman from Minnesota who worked at the bar selling the wines was the absolute bright spot in the whole visit.

Visited August 2012
Ruckersville, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We happened upon this vineyard and we were not disappointed. When you walk into the tasting room your are hit with such an exquisite view. The staff are warm and can carry on a great conversation while your tastebuds enjoy their selection of wines. Buy a bottle or a glass and sit out on their deck for a while.

Visited June 2012