“A fantastic addition to our Girls Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: A Charlottesville Food Tour is a fun, casual way to sample the sights, sounds, and tastes of downtown C'ville! Perfect for visitors to Monticello and Charlottesville, UVA students and their families, and those who live in the area/region who are looking for a new way to experience downtown! Over the course of 3 hours, we visit anywhere from 6 to 8 local restaurants and food retailers for samples and tastings of the best food and drink C'ville has to offer. Your ticket price includes all of the food and drink you'll have on the tour! We visit locally owned partners that source many of their ingredients and products from local farms and providers. Along the way, learn more about the great history, architecture, and culture that make Charlottesville such a great place to live, work, play...and eat!
Apex, North Carolina
“A fantastic addition to our Girls Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Downtown Delights tour was the highlight of our weekend visit. It's such a great opportunity to explore the city while tasting some of the delicious fare it has to offer. The 3-hour length is perfect--nothing feels rushed. And the short strolls between stops keeps you from ending up feeling uncomfortably stuffed from the generous sample portions. Rachel and Peter are friendly, funny, easy to talk to, and clearly have a passion for both food and the city they call home. We'll definitely check out the Savor Charlottesville tour next time.

São Paulo, SP
33 attraction reviews
“A wonderful food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The "Cville Food Tour" offers two kinds of tours. My family and I took the "Downtown Delights Tour", which takes place every Saturday, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. Although it was a freezing day, we had a wonderful time in the company of Rachel, our friendly tour guide. During the tour, we tried lots of good food, mainly prepared using locally sourced products.
It's a great tour in which you spend time having breakfast, lunch and dessert.
It all began in a little spice store called "The Spice Diva", where the owner, an ex-opera singer, show some of the salts and the spices she sells, like chipotle, applewood smoked salt and mushroom salt. The time is not enough to check all the spices for sale, but you do have time to buy some. Then we went to have coffee at Milli Joe Coffe & Gelato, where they served a cappuccino and a soft and delicious waffle with strawberries. At "Flora Artisanal Cheese" we tried some creamily cheese.
We had the main course at "The Whiskey Jar", where we had a well-served crisp chicken. At "Hamilton's at First & Main", my favorite spot, we had an amazing crabcake. We had a veggie crepe at "The Flat Creperie". To explore our favor sensation, the Chef of the "Brookville Restaurant" prepared a puree with bacon served with a slow cooked egg and maple syrup. At the end of the tour, we could choose between a cookie or a cupcake at "Cappellino's Crazy Cakes".
In this tour, it's all about the food! Which, by the way, is delicious!

Visited January 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great way to experience Charlottesville and all it has to offer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Having lived in Virginia for 35 years, I never realized how much Charlottesville has to offer until this food tour. Our guides, Rachel and Pete, were very friendly and knowledgable about the city's history, culture, and especially its food! At each food venue, we were greeted by chefs and owners who passionately spoke about their food and provided the perfect amount to eat to showcase their style. Rachel and Pete also explained how so many ingredients are locally sourced. We went on the evening tour, and the next day we independently chose to go to some of the spots on the morning tour that we didn't get a chance to sample. We loved each delicious experience!

Visited March 2014
Carrollton, Virginia
“So much WONDERFUL FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic time on the food tour. I am a picky eater, so was a little concerned about the options. I shouldn't have been! They contacted me ahead of time to go over my veggie options. We started with amazing chocolates, cappuccino and waffles....did I say they were Amazing?!. At the same location we also tasted cheese, which was also delicious. Not only was the food good, but it was clear how passionate each person was about their food. The vegetarian option at the Whisky Jar was so good and very filling. It was sweet potato dumplings and creamed spinach...yum! By this point I was already full, but with so much good food to go I couldn't stop eating. Next, it was crab cakes and then veggie crepes, also very good. By this point it had started to snow and there were carolers out singing Christmas songs which all just added to the wonderful trip. I think Brookville was next where we had the best grits I've ever had with a slow cooked egg. (Something I had never had before but am so glad I tried!) We also got a refreshing drink and they sent us on our way with dessert! The pumpkin cake was honestly the best pumpkin anything I have ever had. SO SO good!!! Last, we decorated our own cupcakes which was a ton of fun! It was a great way to get a taste of local, fresh food that Charlottesville has to offer.

Visited December 2013
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first food tour and we loved it!! We went on the morning tour and the food was phenomenal! The tour guides seemed to truly love what they do which made the experience that much better! We highly recommend :-)

Visited December 2013