“Perfect for girls night!” 5 of 5 stars

+(1)800-979-3370
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A Charlottesville Food Tour is a fun, casual way to sample the sights, sounds, and tastes of downtown C'ville! Perfect for visitors to Monticello and Charlottesville, UVA students and their families, and those who live in the area/region who are looking for a new way to experience downtown! Over the course of 3 hours, we visit anywhere from 6 to 8 local restaurants and food retailers for samples and tastings of the best food and drink C'ville has to offer. Your ticket price includes all of the food and drink you'll have on the tour! We visit locally owned partners that source many of their ingredients and products from local farms and providers. Along the way, learn more about the great history, architecture, and culture that make Charlottesville such a great place to live, work, play...and eat!
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Perfect for girls night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a blast getting to try and see new places in the downtown area we had never been to. This is the perfect way to experience Charlottesville if you are a local or even new!

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Sign me up for another tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friends and I recently took the early afternoon “Downtown Delights Tour” and hands down, had the best time that we’ve ever had in Charlottesville! Our tour guides, Rachel and Peter, introduced us to the hidden gems of the downtown Charlottesville mall, where we had the opportunity to learn about and try a variety of spices, chocolates, cheeses, coffees, drinks, and fine local cuisines of the restaurants & businesses that even the locals may not be familiar with. It’s not often that I’ll proudly admit this, but I even got to design my own cupcake and had a blast doing so. Just be sure to bring an empty stomach, for you’re going to want to try everything and should! For foodies and non-foodies alike, it most definitely is a great way to spend a Saturday morning / early afternoon discovering the great tastes of Charlottesville. I can’t wait to try out the dinner tour!

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
“Charlottesville Lunch Food Tour was Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first time actually experiencing downtown Charlottesville so it was amazing to say the lease. The tour guides were very professional and has a great knowledge of the history of Charlottesville as well as a history of all the restaurants/venues we went. The restaurants/venues were privately owned and operated businesses in the area that served some of the best foods/entrees that I have ever tasted. Mr. and Mrs. Sengeberger really did a great job finding these venues and helping them establish a name for themselves if they have not already done so in the community. The three and a half hour tour was well worth the time because of the atmosphere that you are constantly because of the high culture that your experiencing along with the knowledge of what Charlottesville really offers. The seven restaurants that we toured were in my opinion some of the best restaurants in Charlottesville with the last one being a special treat. I would recommend this tour for anyone who is new to the area, looking to meet new people, or just looking to get away from their homes for the day.

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
“Charlottesville Walking Food Tour - What a great thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a wonderful surprize! Three and one half hours and 7 resturants with VIP treatment. I had never been on a food tour so I did not know what to expect. Peter and Rachel have done and amazing job of finding the right partners, at the right times, with the right food. I would have passed by many of the places on the downtown mall because I would not have known they were there. The presentation of the food was wonderful and the Virginia wine amazing. If you want to get a quick look at what is good to eat on the mall - this is a great way to make sure you get a good sampling of the best food there. I had to get a gelato for the road home at Slendora's Gelato Cafe....Bon Appetit!

Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
“A Great Way to See and Taste Charlottesville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We recently went on the dinner tour with Charlottesville Food Tours and had a blast. The tour guides are great and the experience is one-of-a-kind. We walked through the downtown mall and a little off the mall to some great places that we probably would have passed by if we were touring on our own. You get a chance to meet with the owners, chefs and staff or restaurants and sample their unique dishes. Most of the dishes had a local flair and each had a story. It was great to hear the personal stories from the restaurant representatives and we felt like VIPs when entering each restaurant.

If you are looking for a great way to see Charlottesville, this is it. Whether you are a local or someone visiting for the first time, be sure to check out Charlottesville Food Tours, it is an experience you wont soon forget!