“Solid mexican restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Ottawa, Canada
“Solid mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice authentic low key Mexican restaurant with great value and great food.
Food was very tasty, fresh and well-prepared.
Service was low key and relaxed but friendly and efficient.
If I lived here I would be a regular.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlottesville, Virginia
“My favorite Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have recommended them many times and no one has been disappointed yet. I love the carnitas. It is a roast pork. It is more expensive but so good.

Visited November 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“My new favorite (american) Mexican restaurant in C'Ville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This review is for EL Puerto's new location on the Downtown Mall that opened a few months ago. Located right across from the Main Street Arena (ice park).

After frequenting the other name in town ("G______), I found this place to be a great change. So much flavor in their food and their menu had many items the others guys do not. I was looking for Burrito California for lunch but they didn't have this on menu. I ordered the Fajita Burriot instead and it was delicous! All of the flavor of their sizzling fajitas with much less work. Everything was already wrapped up for me! The steak had great flavor! The rice was exploding with flavor and not the bland rice I am use to. The salsa for their chips was a little thicker than their competition and didn't all run off the chip. Their cheese dip had a nice kick in spice on the back of my throat.

if you have not tried El Puerto, I definitely recommend. Can't speak for the location across from Barrack's Road but the downtown mall location is awesome!! I don't think many people know about it yet as we were there in prime lunch time (Noon/12:30) and it was pretty full but not packed. We had a business lunch group of about 12 people and they even held us a reservation.

• Visited February 2014
Bent mountain, VA
“Excellent local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Am so glad we found this restaurant. My husband ordered the nacho supreme appetizer. It contained a huge amount of very fresh tomatoes, crisp fresh lettuce, white cheesesauce, avocado shredded chicken, beans, beef and sour cream. He couldn't finish it. It was the best nacho supreme he's ever had. I ordered 3 tacos ala carte, and was full after two. They were generously stuffed. The service was excellent. The staff can speak English very well. It's hard to find in a small dingy strip building, but well worth the effort to find it. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
Delta Junction, Alaska
“Wished for more outside seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food was good, the service was fine, and the food arrived in a timely manner but...inside was a little low on atmosphere with a TV on and not much excitement on a Sunday night. The TV is a Mexican tradition but not one I admire. Go for the good food; you won't be disappointed. Probably one of the least expensive options in the wonderful pedestrian mall.

• Visited June 2013