“Food was great.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rhett's River Grill & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 474 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 29 North
Transit: Public bus stops up the road.
Description: Rhett's River Grill offers the freshest in seafood and Certified Angus Beef. We feature items like 12oz bone-in Ribeye, NY Strip, Ribs, Duck, Pasta dishes, Asian glazed Salmon, Crab cakes, steamed Shrimp, Mussels, Crab legs, Bay Oysters and succulent Scallops. Rhett's also offers a full line of sandwiches at lunch and an unbeatable Sunday brunch. We are open 7 days a week and offer a limited menu between lunch and dinner daily from 2:30pm to 5pm. Rhett's has dining for groups and special events. We offer casual dining in warm family friendly atmosphere. So come into Rhett's today with a group of friends or with someone special for a cozy dining experience. Rhett's also has a full bar and offers carry out and catering services. Tuesday nights are all you can eat Crab legs, Wednesday nights two entrees and half price bottle of wine, Thursday nights 50 cent raw or steamed Oysters and on Sunday nights kids eat free with adult purchases.
Madison Heights, Virginia
“Food was great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We found this restaurant while Christmas shopping in Charlottesville. The food was great, I had the crab cakes and my husband had the flounder special they were having that night. Entrées included two sides but uou have to pay $3 to sub a house salad for one side. The salad was was delicious buy for $19 I didnt appreciate paying the $3 to have a sald instead on one of my sides. Also would have have liked a dinner roll or some bread with my meal. I have to admit I was fully satisfied and did noy leave hugry and the food really was good.
The restaurant and restrooms very clean. We went on a Saturday evening and were seated pretty close to the bar which was just a little bit loud that night but I didnt really mind.
Nice date restaurant, I dont think there was a kids memu and prices were a bit high so I wouldnt bring kids there.

Columbus
“Excellent Quality and relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Did not think I would get that good a steak at a raw bar, my NY Strip was excellent. I ordered the Shitake mushrrom sauce and it was the best I have ever had. My steak was large, and had great flavor. It's flavor was even better than you what get from some chains of similiar price range. I got a Widmer Hefewizen German beer for $ 3.50 they had a good selection. They did not have draft beer here, though. My server was excellent and courteous. The Pecan pie I had for dessert was a little pricey but a la mode- it was excellent. Still, with 2 beers & dessert my bill was under $40. Nice atmosphere too.

• Visited December 2012
Frederick
“Casual and Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Get away from the madding Charlottesville crowds and come to the north end of town for a highly pleasurable dining spot. The food is excellent with outstanding variety. Among the three of us, we had raw oysters, green salad with chicken and shrimp, chicken burrito and a Rivanna sandwich.
Surroundings are inviting and tables or booths are quite private. Unlike the diner there before us, we experienced superlative service, even commenting when we left how good the service was.
We would definitely return!

Visited December 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Our Favorite, Most Reliably Scrumptious Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rhett's River Grill and Raw Bar is one of those places you hope you'll be lucky enough to find someday: casual--you can show up in your plaid shirt--friendly service (though sometimes overwhelmed)--and outstanding and innovative dishes at very reasonable prices. The chef is a genius with sauces, so even your broccoli is delicious.

We have developed our favorites. Mine is the 1/2 pound black angus burger done medium, without the cheese and *with* the gorgonzola butter, mayo, tomato, and lettuce. Best burger ever, and I've eaten a few burgers in my time! My husband always gets their nachos--an immense plate, from which I (of course) always steal a sample: lots of yummy ingredients, including homemade pico de gallo. You can order with or without sour cream, guacamole, and so on.

Everything is homemade and just a little bit different Not weird, just different.

• Visited December 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Good Food Overcome by Exceedingly Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently met a group of friends at this restaurant. We eat together every month, and together we have explored some of the best restaurants in Charlottesville. I would like to give this restaurant a good review--it has promise. The food was really good. We shared calimari and fried green tomatoes as appetizers, and I would put the quality of these up against many fine restaurants in Charlottesville. My dinner of sirloin topped with a portobello wine sauce was fresh and well prepared, as was the side of cole slaw. However, the experience was completely ruined by the excruciatingly bad service! It took the waitress, who announced to us that she was training another waitress who accompanied her, 30 minutes to deliver drink orders for the first three of us to arrive and then another 30 minutes before she even came back to check on us and to get the orders of the last two arrivals in our party. At that point, she announced to us in a rather whiney tone that she was really busy and had to be at a different table! The restaurant was not even completely full! She took our orders at that point. While our food did arrive promptly, heaven help us if anyone needed anything else, because we never saw her again. I left a blank check with one of my friends after being in the restaurant for 2 1/2 hours because I had to get home and to bed. I MAY go back for a second chance, as I recognize that this might have been just an off night, but I absolutely will not put up with such bad service for a $30 meal! I do suggest that they find someone else to train their new waitresses!

• Visited November 2012