“The Very Best Buffet....ever” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Dessert
Charlottesville, Virginia
“The Very Best Buffet....ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you are looking for an excellent buffet at a very reasonable price the Wood Grill Buffet in Charlottesville, Va is the best....located on Branchlands Blvd off Rt 29 North...the staff, the food and the vast variety of choices are simply GOOD....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bealeton, Virginia
“DAY / LUNCH CREW JUST NOT UP TO PAR”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We've been coming to this place since it was located on the Southbound side of RT 29 and this is the second time we came in early enough for lunch ( we usually come for dinner at least 2-3 times a month). The day shift from the cooks to the wait staff weren't anything close to what we were used to.
1. Usually you don't have to wait very long before your waitress fills your drink or removes your plates from the table. DURING LUNCH YOU HAVE TO WAIT.
2. I love the hand breaded catfish - today I tried two pieces that the meat wasn't flaky it was mushy like it wasn't cooked all the way.
3. The pork ribs were cold and I got them from the bottom of the tray because I like to get the excess BBQ sauce on them. Went back twice for ribs & fish to see if I got a bad batch or something but it was the same.

They were steady not mobbed the way they are later in the afternoon after 430PM, worse I've experienced since coming here. First lunch visit was 11/16/012 and second visit was 12/1/12
WOULD I RETURN - YES - but after 430 in the afternoon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was concerned about it being a buffet. I was very happy with everything I ate. The waitress was very nice and quick with refills on our drinks. The buffet was full everywhere. I like the ribs best and the soft serve icecream and cherry cobbler.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lynchburg, Virginia
“I can open cans at home”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The family agreed for the price this place was NOT a good value. For a family of four we spent $60 and felt it just was not worth it. The food had no flavor and the desserts were generic.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Bealeton, Virginia
“STOPPED IN AGAIN AT A FAVORITE - NEVER DISAPPOINTED”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stopped in tonight because we both wanted a little bit of a few different things.... I had fried catfish which was not greasy but rather warm white & flaky, along with some shrimp (I peel off the breading!!) and a few tasty bbq pork ribs. For veggies I had the zucchini, summer squash & carrots along with some small mushrooms, lima beans and cabbage, and of course broccoli as well. To end it I had some honeydew melon and cantaloupe and some canned peaches.
This place is GREAT it is like an Old Country Buffet & Golden Corral on STEROIDS !!! and it is reasonable with plenty of parking.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere