“Charming lil Hole in the Wall” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Charming lil Hole in the Wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I'm from the Lynchburg area, but was in C-Ville for a concert. Got a recommendation from one of my friends about this place. The place doesn't even have a sign marking where its located. Just a simple Neon sign saying "Get in Here". The food was absolutely fantastic. The place is pretty small, and every table was full. My friend and I snagged the last booth and it was still pretty early. We got the hummus as an appetizer which was just okay. I'm not a big hummus kind of person anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. But the main event was the Bison Meat loaf. This place is very southwestern hence the name, but it is so good. The Bison Meat Loaf came with these southwestern potatoes and these vegetables that were cooked to perfection. I really couldn't have asked for better. Only downfall is if you do visit this place with a larger group they DO NOT do separate checks.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlottesville, Virginia
“BEST Margaritas in Charlottesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Consistently good food at this Tex-Mex hole-in-the-wall. Always crowded with graduate students when UVa is in session. The margaritas are, hands-down, the best in Charlottesville. Ask for the bartender's special with your choice of tequila. I can handle one, maybe two. The tuna tostada is wonderful.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Terrific but can be very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Great food. Fabulous margaritas but count on noise especially if you go after 7. But it's fun, young and vibrant. Try the Tuna Tostada!

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Small place but fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We went to this place (which has no sign outside btw) for some mexican food. It was fantastic, the food the service, the atmosphere was perfect. I had the spicy nachos, the bean burrito and my wife had the veggie fajta and we really enjoyed our food. My friend though ordered te Tuna which wasnt well cooked, but other than that it was a good meal overall.
The restaurant offers a daily special of desserts which is also fantastic. I would definitely go there again.

And oh did i mention its very reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vacaville, California
“Best restaurant in Charlottesville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I lived in Charlottesville for 2.5 years and this is by far my favorite restaurant there. Everytime I go back it is my first stop. There nachos are the best I have ever had (the regular ones, though the Red Hot & Blue are nice to mix it up here and there). The Santa Fe Enchilda is so good that it makes it hard to order anything else. Their margaritas are out of the world, made there for scratch. They are strong though- be careful! The only down side is that there are about 10 or so tables in the whole place so the wait can get quite long during peak hours. So I tend to hit it right at 5pm when they open or wait until 9 or so when things calm down.

• Visited September 2011