“Fabulous date night or any night!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleurie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 464 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
germany
“Fabulous date night or any night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just ate here last night with two kids. The food was fantastic. Service was fantastic. I can't wait to go again my next visit to charloettsville!

• Visited August 2014

Fairfax, Virginia
“Reservation Failure”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We tried to get a reservation for dinner at Fleurie during restaurant week. When I called the restaurant, a recording came on stating I should leave my phone number and my call would be returned in 2 or 3 hours!! That's much too long to wait for determining where to eat!

Visited July 2014
Staunton, Virginia
“A memorable dining experience -- and darn good food, too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We dined at Fleurie prior to a performance of the opera "Susannah" at the nearby Paramount Theater. We decided to try the restaurant's "pre-theater menu", a limited-selection fixed-price three course meal for $35 available before 6:30 PM. (The selections on this menu appear on the regular menu as well.)

The entire experience was wonderful, and the staff went above and beyond for us as you will read.

We were served an "amuse-bouche" (a mussel in a fennel cream sauce) as an opener, along with a basket of wonderful bread. Out appetizers were a lobster bisque, an amazing dish for flavor and consistency, and a mushroom ravioli which was, in a word, heavenly. Our entrees were (sliced) beef tenderloin in a red wine reduction with a garland of baby vegetables. Tender and succulent to a fault. (Choices on the pre-theater menu, tasting menu, and regular a la carte menu change daily.)

Alas, we had dawdled over our meal and were now short of time to make the curtain. The staff invited us to return after the show for our desserts. I was worried the show would run past their closing time -- it did, but they stayed open for us an hour past closing. They had our same table set for dessert and brought forth a wonderful creme brulet and an apple tartlet with a scoop of deliciousl vanilla ice cream. We ate these at our leisure and left quite late. As is the establishment's practice, they also presented us with two sets of three small pastries, which they boxed for us to take home.

We chose to dine on their small terrace as the night was clear and balmy, giving us some people watching of folks going to and from the downtown mall.

The food was delicious, and well presented. The service was exceptional, with each course brought by a pair of servers. Used dishes were whisked away, napkins replaced periodically, silverware renewed -- and the table "crumbed". With tax and tip (and a little extra I left for their unflagging courtesy, kindness, cheerfulness, and professionalism) the meal came to $100. I don't begrudge a penny of it.

Oh, and no one bounced up to the table and said "How're you guys? My name is Timmy and I'll be your server."

• Visited July 2014
Charlottesville
“Elegant, Refined, Great Service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had dinner here last week and the food, the wine, and the service consistently over deliver. This restaurant is on par with Michelin-Star level dining.

I went on date night but I've also taken clients here in the past. Try the lobster bisque, the foie gras, anything that is fresh from the chef's garden, and save room for dessert.

The wine list is great too-- plenty of impressive wines; but I really appreciate the thought that goes into the bottles in the $50 range. We enjoyed an aged Muscadet that came highly recommended by the server.

Every time I dine here, I think that the experience would be difficult to top. But even after several years of coming here, they continue to get better and better.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“For a very special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

There is no other restaurant in town (IMHO) that can match Fleurie for sheer excellence of presentation, beautifully prepared and cooked meals, and elegance of surroundings.
It is more expensive than is comfortable for going very often, but is the go-to place for a superb evening to remember.

• Visited February 2014