“It's an Outback! Nothing more, nothing less, but this staff values service!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Virginia
“It's an Outback! Nothing more, nothing less, but this staff values service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

You know what to expect from Outback Steak Houses. They are all so similar, again it is only the ownership and staff that make a difference and this crew is reliable because the owners care enough to bring you well trained people.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Don't rely on them to follow their own call ahead rules”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We were a large group of nine that showed up and were told it would be a 30-35 minute wait. 45 minutes later, a group of 10 walked in and immediately got a table. They hadn't actually gotten call ahead seating because if they had called before we had arrived, they would have been quoted 30 minutes which they had missed by a good 15 mintues. Instead, it turns out, they had called four days earlier and been put on the call ahead list starting on Monday - since Outback says they don't take reservation. I guess they were told that the wait was 96 hours when they called on Monday!

For us, after a 70 minute wait (twice what we were quoted when we got there), we got stuck at a round table for six with a table for two stuck on to it. Not even close to enough room, plus we were sticking out across about 80% of the usual walkway. I felt sorry for the blind gentlemen whose cane got stuck in our chairs because we were sitting where we weren't supposed to - really, I am actually not making that one up!

When you eat at a chain restaurant, you should be able to expect that the management is making the restaurant consistent with the others across the country. That is one of the key marketing advantages of chain restaurants - the consumer knows what to expect at each restaurant whether in Peoria or Orlando. For this Outback, the management isn't living up to their responsibility to the consumer, and the result tonight was that we had to wait over an hour after being told 30-35 mintues, and we spent over $150 on dinner in order to eat at a table where we were cramped like sardines!

Visited September 2011
Louisa, Virginia
“Good Value...Great Steaks, Great Salads, Great Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I took my wife for our anniversary and as always I am impressed with Outback. I love sirloin steak and they do about the best in the industry. Being a cattleman steaks are my passion and the best I have ever had have been at Outback. They do an excellent job purchasing quality beef and cooking it to perfection. I have been to many upscale steakhouses in my day and I am always impressed that a chain like Outback out performs the "finest" for a lot better value. The Blue Cheese Chop Salad is delicous and the Wallaby Darned drink is fanatastic but it paks a punch We had the sundae for dessert and it was super. Great service as well.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced and not worth the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Outback steakhouse always has a long line and a wait and the food is very expensive and the steaks are OK, but not worth the money and the wait.

Also they cram people in there so it is loud and people bumping into you all the time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere