“find dining” 5 of 5 stars

sarasota florida
“find dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Fine dining - good menu choices - decent portions - expensive
but worth it. I have read some negative reviews of this
restaruant - those who don't like it - either hit an off night -
or don't know good food.

Visited February 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Second meal just as wonderful as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great ambience but the food was simply amazing. Everything was incredible from the bread to the salad to the entrees. We like to split courses in order to try more of the menu and they were accomodating enough to split the plates for us in the kitchen. The side dishes were among the best we have every had. Love the brussel sprouts. This was the second time here and it was just as wonderful as the first

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Much Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The last visit was much better than the few previous times.

Food has improved along with the service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ky
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Being from out of town just stopped in for appetizers thought the food was good and everyone was helpful with our questions.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Deltaville, Virginia
“Overpriced-Understaffed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant based on other reviews but my hopes were soon dashed. Our reservation was late in the dinner hour-8:30 but they were expecting us and had a nice table for two ready. After we were seated we waited 5 minutes to be noticed and another few minutes to have our waters filled. Another two or three minutes passed before someone came to take our drink orders. It seemed to take a long time to get our drinks and then to take our orders. Our waiter didn't introduce himself just came up to take our orders with no explanation of the dishes other than they might be out of the lamb. Most of the entrees are $25.00 and up. This does not include a salad or vegetables. My companion had the oyster stew appetizer which she said was good. The salad I ordered was dreadful-Bibb lettuce, and indistinguishable dressing and shavings of dry tasteless gruyere cheese for $7.
The bread was good. We didn't wait too long for our entrees. She ordered the trout and I ordered the flank steak medium rare and it was so cooked. There was no salt or pepper on the table and we had to wait and ask for pepper to be provided. The steak was so tough I could hardly cut it with the steak knife they provided. Several of the slices were mostly fat. The garlic mashed potatoes were tasty. The portion was adequate but not overly generous. If I were a big hungry man I would have still been hungry. As it was I had plenty of room for dessert, which was good-gingerbread with local apples.
I was embarrassed at the cost because my friend was treating. She commented that her fish was okay but that she would never return to this restaurant. I eat out frequently and am retired from the restaurant business. I don't mind paying top price for quality food, but this is not the case at C & O. The food was so-so and the service less than adequate.

• Visited October 2013