“Takes You Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 430 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
“Takes You Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

A favorite of my boyfriend's while he attended UVa, we couldn't wait to stop by Little John's to see if was as delicious has his memories. It was even better! I delighted in the Italian sub - best one I've ever had. It was so big I didn't even touch the tortilla chips that came with the sandwich. He thoroughly enjoyed his too!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Sandwiches in America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is the best deli, probably the best restaurant I've eaten at. The only thing I can recall liking more is the wagyu filet mignon I had in Texas. A slight problem is that 1/5 visits you get a sandwich that is just great instead of insane good. I stop here everytime I pass C'ville and have taken many friends there and all agree. The Five Easy Pieces, Chipolte chicken, pigwheel, steak & Cheese, Chris Long are my favorites(I get the first two every time and sometimes a third of the others for the fridge. Rather than being a deli that just piles 1 LB of meat on bread and calls it a sandwich (New York cough cough) This place pairs just the right amount of 5-10 ingredients that mesh Perfectly together. Great thing is they serve sandwiches 24/7, so I used to use the Sandwich as a reward for working out in the morning(in college). Its the only thing that has ever worked :P

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Nothing great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The atmosphere and location of this restaurant is spot on. The food is decently priced, and there is a nice selection of items. However, they claim to have local breads and greatly emphasize locality. The bread was Cobblestone Mill brand, tons of bags of it just like you would see at a grocery store. I ordered a cup of soup which was the same price as a bowl of soup from Panera Bread. The tomato soup tasted like canned soup, just doctored up with a few spices. The food isn't disgusting, but there are other selections around the area that are far better.

“Great sandwiches, UVA Corner essential”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love the sandwiches here! There are some great unique combinations, like the Nuclear sub, with turkey, tangy BBQ, cole slaw and melted Muenster. My favorite is the Mojo chicken, shredded and marinated in a flavorful citrus marinade with hot peppers and Swiss cheese melted on top. Yum!! Free drink for alumni association members and they take Moocho. I eat there at least once a week for lunch. Love it!

Logan, Ohio
“Delicious breakfast and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our party of six each ordered something different which was cooked right in front of us as we passed through the line. The food was excellent. Casual setting. Very friendly service! We would definitely go back again just to be entertained by the employee doing magic tricks.

Visited June 2014