“Worst customer service EVER!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #172 of 455 restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast Food, Sandwiches
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Worst customer service EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Just got two pizzas from this place. First, I ordered them in the store and sat down at the table closest to the register to wait the 15 minutes for them. 35 min later I go to the register to ask what's up. Apparently my pizzas had been sitting on top of the oven. The girl who took my order (and didn't give me a number or take my name) left and never told anyone I was waiting. So I end up spending $36 (outrageous for 2 pizzas anyway) for 2 now cold and soupy pizzas. I spoke with the manager (who actually turned out to be one of the owners) and she just said "oh well". When I got home I decided to call again. This time I got her husband who yelled at me and told me it was my own fault for not listening for my number (which I was never given).
I wasn't asking for any money back... Just an acknowledgment of how they had treated a customer badly. I received just the opposite. And to add insult to injury, the pizza was terrible! A flavorless, greasy mess! I will NEVER go back and I plan to tell everyone I know this experience as well.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Best Thin Crust Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Upon moving to Charlottesville, VA my wife and I started seeking thin crust pizza. Having moved from southwest Connecticut we were totally spoiled by Frank Pepe in New Haven and John's on Bleeker Street in NYC. After trying four different restaurants serving purportedly thin crust pizza we had just about given up hope of finding what we desired when we stumbled across "Slice" in the Barracks Road Shopping Center. The nice thing is we could each have our own slice (or slices) with the toppings of our choice. The slices are reheated but come out of the conveyor oven as if fresh baked. The crust is very thin, very crispy and extremely close to that found on NYC pizza. We could almost taste NYC water in the dough. The sauce is very tasty and the cheese is abundant but not overpowering. For those of you seeking New York City style thin crust pizza you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ruckersville, Virginia
“Buffalo Chicken Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I like this place because it's in the Barracks Rd shopping center near Barnes & Noble. It's a place to get a quick pizza and beer. Crust is thin and hot! Tonight, I had the buffalo chicken pizza. It's not spicy, but it's good. Tastes like blue cheese and mild buffalo chicken. Yum!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ruckersville, Virginia
“Hawaiian Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I loved the Hawaiian pizza slice. Big slices of ham and regular pineapple chucks. The pizza was hot, thin and crispy just like I like it. I could get another...right now.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“How Hard Can It Be?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First up - for pizza by the slice, a good call. For servers paying attention? Fuggedaboudit. I went in and ordered one slice to go. I see the staff put it on the belt to go through the oven. I wait for it. And wait for it. And wait for it. I asked for it to go, it wasn't packed to go. When I asked for it to go, they told me it wasn't ready. My slice sat on top of the oven. They took another slice, boxed it up and handed it to me. Not my slice. Come on, folks - pay attention.

Visited December 2012