“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1185 5th St. SW, Charlottesville, VA 22902   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Suffolk, Virginia
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Husband and I stayed one night for a visit to Monticello the next day. We had a room right next to the elevator which was a big concern when I realized it. However, either we were very lucky or it is just a quiet hotel. No outside noise after a reasonable hour. I think we just got lucky that everyone settled in earlier because we did hear young children initially and then again in the morning.
Room was smaller than most but more than enough room for two. One wall lamp was out but didn't need it anyway. Bathroom was large and the water pressure was awesome. No waiting around for 15 minutes for the water to warm up either. Toiletries were not great. Shampoo didn't even get soapy so thank goodness I had my own.
Breakfast was a pleasant surprise as well. Pretty typical for most hotels but the eggs actually looked and tasted like real eggs.
Our main complaint was that the Wifi was horrible. I had a bit of work to do and it took forever. So, be prepared if you think you are going to use the wifi for anything.
Staff person was warm and professional.

Room Tip: 303 is right next to the elevator and very compact. Didn't experience any noise but could get t...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Theresa H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is very important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. It is through guest feedback, such as yours, that we can continue to enhance and improve our Choice experience for all of our guest. On behalf of all of us here at the Sleep Inn we look forward to your return visit so that we can have an opportunity to regain your confidence with the hopes of winning another loyal guest. Again we are looking forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would give this place is zero stars if I could. My family and friends had previously stayed here several times in previous years and actually enjoy the hotel. So we decided to make a reservation we came back to Charlottesville for business. I made a reservation online but due to the price, I decided to try my hand at Priceline.com to see if I could get a better deal somewhere else. This hotel was already $180+ per night! Surprisingly I ended back up at the sleep inn! I immediately canceled my reservation online with sleep inn as I had already purchased my room through Priceline.com.

When I showed up to check in, I was told that I still had two rooms reserved. I indicated to them that I had very clearly canceled the second reservation several weeks ago. At that point the front desk staff became extremely rude, belligerent and essentially called me a liar. I indicated I would not be paying for a second room as I canceled it online many days ago. I was eventually told this would be taken care of. So we went ahead and stayed for three nights. At check out, I was once again told that I was being charged for two rooms for three nights. This is absolutely ridiculous. I tried to discuss this with the front desk staff as well as with sleep inn, but I've not gotten anywhere yet. I was forced to put a hold on my credit card so they could not double book me for the one room that I stayed in. Not only was it now a subpar motel with poor maintenance (back doors clanging all day and night because doors broken), it was extremely expensive to begin with and then to be treated like this... This was quite possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I would highly recommend everyone stay away from this hotel and sleep inn in general.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent one night there on a getaway to visit Monticello. It is located one exit off the interstate from Monticello - literally a 10 minute drive. It is also very close to downtown Charlottesville which is not to be missed. The downtown mall area is lined with cute shops, great restaurants, and lots of places to sit outdoors and enjoy people watching. The hotel is clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. I was actually surprised at how quiet our room was considering how it is close to a major highway and main thoroughfare going into downtown. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback about your stay with us. I know how exhausting it can be when traveling, so I am thrilled to hear that you were able to relax at our hotel. On behalf of the management staff as well as the employees we hope to see you again in the near future and again thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn at Monticello.
Pennsilvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday-Easter weekend).
Location: Right off the I-64 exit.
Surroundings: Burger King next door. Gas station, Waffle house and Taco Bell on the opposite of the road and few meters walk. Subway and Food Lion on the next light towards Charlottsville. Downtown Charlottsville: 2.5 miles. 7 minute-drive. Monticello is a 10 minute drive. Ash lawn 15 minutes.
Room: 2 adults, room was big enough for us. King bed, comfy mattress, uncomfortable pillows. The closet had a safe, iron and ironing board and two door size mirrors. Microwave and refrigerator. Flat screen TV. I did not see luggage racks and asked for 2.We had a view of the parking lot on Burger King side, however there was no outside noise.
Bathroom: Clean bathroom, if you forgot a toiletry they will provide it at no extra cost. We had to ask for an extra toothbrush. Nice big mirror. Clean towels.
Breakfast: Great selection: yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bananas, apples, waffles, toast, scrambled eggs, ham. Drinks: orange juice, apple juice, hot chocolate, tea.
Facilities: Pool, hot tub and elevator. Business center, Fitness center and conference room. we did not use any of these. I saw staff cleaning the pool and hot tub in the morning.
Parking: Ample free parking.
Service: Requested 2 luggage racks since there was none in the room. I was told that one should be in the closet but it was not there. They were brought to our room promptly.
Staff was not friendly, they were there if you needed them but they did not greet you or smile. Front desk lady gave me a list of places that deliver to the hotel.
Wi fi: Was given the password upon check in. Fast internet connection.

Overall, good value for my money, centrally located and with nice facilities.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
South Riding, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here overnight to be near UVA. The rooms were clean, updated and very spacious. The staff was friendly and attentive. They also provided a wonderful breakfast which was included in our stay (eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal, waffles, etc). The price was reasonable and I'd stay again. Don't forget to have breakfast and try the waffles!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback about your stay with us. I know how exhausting it can be when traveling, so I am thrilled to hear that you were able to relax at our hote and enjoy the breakfast. On behalf of the management staff as well as the employees we hope to see you again in the near future and again thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn at Monticello.
nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms was nice, looked recently updated. I got an accessible room so the bathroom was huge, but I generally don't like these rooms, just feels awkward. Good bed (clean sheets but few holes), hot water, good water pressure. Kid loved the pool but so much chlorine, made my eyes burn and I wasn't even in it. Breakfast was ok, usual fare. There were some things that ticked me off though. I didn't love the random phone call from the front desk, didn't love the hair in the sink from someone's last shave, didn't love the maid knocking at 9 when checkout was at 11am.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is very important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus our attention. It is through guest feedback, such as yours, that we can continue to enhance and improve our Choice experience for all of our guest. On behalf of all of us here at the Sleep Inn we look forward to your return visit so that we can have an opportunity to regain your confidence with the hopes of winning another loyal guest. Again we are looking forward to your next visit with us!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here while traveling. Completely unplanned. Found them in a hotel shopped discount mag and checking prices on Trip Advisor, too. Seemed to be a good neighborhood and close to the interstate. Rooms are a bit small,, but big enough. The only issue I saw was the lack of attention to difficult to vacuum locations. Toe nails were strewn in an area between a bed and the wall. Overall, good hotel. Had your basic breakfast....nothing special. I would stay again. With coupon it ran $77.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is very important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. It is through guest feedback, such as yours, that we can continue to enhance and improve our Choice experience for all of our guest.. Again we are looking forward to your next visit with us!

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello? Share your experiences!