“The only company you'll ever need!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Ridge Wine Excursions Private Wine Tours offers daily tours that can accommodate parties in size from two to fifty. The President of Virginia Tourism Corporation said this of her tour, "The day was magical; their planning and execution exceeded my expectations." Our Wine Trail Guide will escort you to 3-4 wineries or breweries. Tours include: custom designed itinerary, Wine Trail Guide, transportation, tasting fees, chilled water, and a light snack.
Toano, Virginia
“The only company you'll ever need!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I hosted a Wine Tour Bachelorette Party with about 9 girls total using Blue Ridge Wine Excursions. Let me start by saying I have never planned any kind of outing/party like this before and if it wasn't for Blue Ride, I definitely wouldn't have been able to pull it off as easily as I did. I can't imagine using anyone else or planning a party like this in any other way. This company made it so easy to plan, were very accomodating, and very reliable. I had such a great experience! Andy was our driver and was my primary coordinator. He was the best!! He was so friendly and easy to get along with, and I definitely felt like he went the extra mile to make sure our tour was perfect. He set up a really nice picnic area for us at Veritas which exceeded my expectations! The presentation was amazing and he even set up the items we brought for the lunch as well. I would definitely recommend using this company for any sort of outing, you don't even need to look anywhere else, seriously! I will definitely be using them for my next wine tour in Charlottesville! Great job and thank you Andy!!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Wonderful Birthday Treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I had a 5 hour tour on a Sunday in March for my birthday. We had the best time! We found Blue Ridge Wine Excursions on Trip Advisor and our hotel also recommended them. It was very easy to set up our appointment online. Andrea and Eric emailed back and forth with me to set up the perfect tour. Our tour guide was Bit and he was amazing. He picked us up early at our hotel in a beautiful Mercedes. We went to Blue Mountain Brewery (for the hubby), Trump Winery, Pippin Hill, and Albemarle Ciderworks. Bit set up a gourmet snack for us on the beautiful patio at Trump Winery. We can't wait to go back to Charlottesville and take another tour with Blue Ridge Wine Excursions!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I wanted to take advantage of the break in the cold weather so we decided to visit Charlottesville from the DC area on Saturday 3/15/14. I booked a private wine tour including lunch for the two of us on Thursday. I am so happy that I did because we had the most memorable experience.

We got a late start leaving Saturday morning to drive to Charlottesville. I called Tyler to provide a heads up around 9:00am as our pick up time was 12:00pm. He was kind enough to move the pick up time to 12:30.

Bit was our Concierge for the day. He arrived early and patiently waited while my husband and I dropped off our bags to our hotel room. We literally all pulled up at the same time

I had not done ANY research on the wineries in the area but I knew there were a lot. I designated our preference as enjoying nice scenery and good reds. That is exactly what we got! We gave Bit the absolute freedom to take us wherever he recommended.

We visited King Family, Stenson, Moss, Grace Estates and Glass House. We had an AMAZING day! We were able to visit more than three because we stayed on Bit's schedule. At each winery we asked what time we needed to be leaving in order to fit in everywhere he recommended and be back to the hotel in time. So we would do the tastings, have a glass of wine and then be on our way.

Bit was VERY knowledgeable about the area, wineries and wine in general. At each location we just walked right in up to the counter with Bit and so there was no delay in starting our tastings. Bit even took pictures of us everywhere! He was so super awesome. He set up our picnic indoors at Moss. The entire wall was just huge windows so we felt like we were outside as our views were unobstructed. Glass House was the most unique winery and we are so glad we had time to go there.

By the end of the trip we felt like old friends!

From my initial inquiry to follow up post trip, every aspect of my contact has been excellent. My inquiry was responded to within 12 hours I want to say, the booking process was easy, all my questions were answered promptly and all my expectations were exceeded.

My husband and I already have ideas for numerous additional trips in mind, especially when the weather breaks.

Do not hesitate to book with this company. You may find other excursions at a lower cost but let me tell you, this experience was like none that I have ever had the pleasure of participating in and I can't wait to do it again. To us it was worth EVERY penny. We were able to just sit back and enjoy the area without worrying about where we were going to go, getting lost or even worse, driving under the influence.

Culpeper, Virginia
“Best car service in Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My sister and I wanted to do something special for our mother's 60th birthday. So we booked the Garden Path cottage at the Iris Inn and decided to do a wine tour of the region. Blue Ridge Wine Excursions came highly recommended by the Iris Inn so I gave them a call. Andrea was very good about getting back to me quickly and helped make sure every detail was just right. But it was our driver, Bit, who really made the outing perfect. Based on our wine preferences he created the perfect itinerary for the 3 of us. There was even one place that was closed the day we were out and about bug he called them and they opened just for us. Andrea definely got Blue Ridge a 5 star rating from me but Bit gets a 10 star rating. Our mother had such a good time that she's still telling everyone about it and we went about a month ago.

Visited February 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had such a wonderful experience with our driver, JC. He was super knowledgeable about the wineries we visited and was really nice (and dealt with a bachelorette party admirably!). At the two vineyards where we were allowed to bring our own picnic, he unloaded the car and helped set up, really going above and beyond what we were expecting and what we've experienced with other group tasting experiences. Will definitely be using Blue Ridge, and hopefully JC, again!

Visited February 2014