“Very disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Charlottesville

You added Red Roof Inn Charlottesville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Charlottesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1309 West Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22903   |
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Coeburn, Virginia
“Very disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at this property before as it is close to the University of Virginia Medical Center, where my wife goes for treatment. I am a Redi-Card member and enjoy the perks that members get as a benefit. Sad to say, either Charlottesville doesn't give any rediCard perks or I was unfortunate not to get any this day. I checked in around 2 pm. The desk person, when asked, first said they didn't do it. Then when I said other properties did she said they ran out of "bottled water". Strange!! Well, I said no more and went to my room. I put my luggage in the room and went over to the hospital where my wife was re-couperating from surgery. I came back around 11 pm and was very tired so I went to bed. I usually get a King Superior room but because I cashed in a free certificate the only room I could get was a room with a double bed and no micro/fridge, which I think is very unfair since when I pay for a room I always get a King Superior. Again, I had to "bite the bullet" on that one also. In the morning when I woke up to make coffee there was no coffee filter holder for the coffee maker so I had no in room coffee! Then I went to take a shower and was aghast at what I saw. The filter in the bathroom(In the tub area) looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year!! Oh, I took some pictures so everyone can see how bad it really was. That really upset me. Then as I was checking out, the desk person never asked how everything was, or have a nice day or anything! I guess the next time I'm in the area I'll be staying at the Red Roof in Staunton. Their rooms are very clean, Redi-Card members treated with respect, the staff are very friendly, and they have a swimming pool also(and for a cheaper price!).

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything from our reservation and booking process, to check out was easy and we welcomed the stress-free processes having spent 2 harrowing days at UVA. Staff were readily available to offer friendly service/answers and best of all, free and delicious coffee with assorted flavor creamers available 24 hours in the lobby. Our room was comfortable & clean. Everything worked fine except alarm clock was wrong. No matter though, since the front desk offered a wake up call at check-in. We requested an ungodly 5 AM wake up call, and received it via a friendly, human voice. We return to UVA every 6 months, and will be staying at Red Roof.

Room Tip: We were in an end room and quite comfortable. Our window faced UVA.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Yolunda A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share with us, and others, your experience at the Red Roof Inn. We are always happy to hear from our loyal customers that they are still enjoying their experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future and hopefully next time it's just a leisure trip.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We liked staying here! Everything was clean. Parking was in an exclusive parking deck for customers only, so we didn't have to worry about paying for parking or finding it. There's plenty of things to see & do in walking distance. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you would consider staying with us again should your travels bring you this way. Fall is such a lovely time of year with the leaves turning. Hopefully you had an opportunity to drive Sky Line Drive and really take it all in during your visit, if not, maybe next time. Thank you again for sharing your experience with others.
Elgin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We chose this hotel because of its location and pet friendly policy (no extra charge). We really liked the protected parking with easy access. The price is moderate, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable. What little contact we had with the staff was cordial and efficient. There are several shops and restaurants in walking distance and the campus buildings are historic.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn is truly people and pet friendly! It is nice having a nice grassy area just across the street where your loved one can feel free to run and room about. Next time you are here, stop by the front desk and let us meet your little family member, we love friendly pets.
McLean, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Rooms and hallways are dark and worn, with the kind of dirt that can't be removed. The wifi mostly didn't work, nor did my room key: I had to repeatedly get it "re-keyed" so that the door would unlock. Room coffee maker wasn't restocked after first night of stay, and when I called the desk, they unapologetically told me I could come down and get new packets myself. Time to tear this place down and build a non-Red Roof hotel in its place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I'm sorry to hear your stay with us was less than desirable. We appreciate you for bring the deficiencies to our attention so they can be addressed. The quality of our service is very important to us, please know we will address the issues with our staff to prevent it from happening again in the future.
Harrington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Chose this hotel because it's near the Univ. of Virginia hospital. Busy area, small rooms, no free breakfast. The sheets and pillows didn't feel well, but I didn't see any bugs in the room. Was ok for somewhere just to sleep and leave.
I'm thankful that they give a discount if you have information for being there for someone at the hospital.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Pleasantville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

This is a modest hotel with very typical design and an acceptable price. The room was clean, the bed was clean, the hallways and the lobby were clean. The parking garage was perhaps just a parking garage, although it is nice to have parking right at the hotel in downtown Charlottesville. The staff was very friendly and helpful. So while this is not a 5-star place, and not a five star price, it was perfectably acceptable for a random hotel evening. There did not seem to be a breakfast option here, but there is a very nice little coffee bar beside the parking garage on the side street.

Room Tip: very close to UVa medical center.... walk across the street... so a good stay when visiting someone...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Yolunda A, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Stephen R
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to receive surveys so that we can continue to improve. The hotel will be going through a renovation that will add to the amenities and freshen up the accommodations. I am always eager to find ways to improve our hospitality and to make sure that our staff are responsive to guest needs. We always can improve and I appreciate your comments so that we can build upon successes as well as failures.
Hope we will see you again. Keith K.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charlottesville? Share your experiences!