“Highly Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Charlottesville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Charlottesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1309 West Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22903   |
Ranked #22 of 33 hotels in Charlottesvill...
Chester, Virginia
“Highly Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been staying at The RRI C'ville fro 5 months now due to my job. From the 1st when I contacted Lisa Hill to negotiate corporate rates I have had complete satisfaction. Then you have the front desk staff, Latisha, Danna, Jessica, Becky and Tosha who have treated me in a professional manner that one would expect but these ladies go above and beyond. Friendly, courteous, for as long as i have been here now like a good friend. The Hotel is located in a Convenient location on West Main close to Dining Establishments and shopping. A four story parking garage. My stay is not over yet and I can honestly say it makes the stay away from home a more enjoyable week when I am there and look forward to it. Not to forget it's a pet friendly hotel too!

Room Tip: Rooms numbers on odd side of building have a better view of outside area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Yolunda A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
First of all, I'd like to say, "thank you" for choosing to stay with Red Roof Inn for the past 5 months. It is such a pleasure to hear that our staff is going above and beyond to make our guests feel like family. Our team understands that when people are away from home and their loved ones for a long period of time, they really need to feel appreciated by us. We recognize that you have many hotel options so we certainly appreciate your continued support of us and I will pass along your wonderful remarks to my team. And as always, please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed overnight here to take a break from a long drive north. We found reception very efficient and pleasant and the room was immaculate. The battery in the TV remote was dead. I called the front desk. They asked me to give them two minutes. After just about two minutes, our bell rang and a hotel employee handed me a new remote and waited to make sure it worked. Another plus is that the hotel is just doors away from a sandwich shop and a pizza restaurant. So when we arrived tired and hungry, we found a place to eat within minutes. One note: the towels were very rough and scratchy—nothing a little fabric softener couldn't fix. Bottom line: the room decor isn't sexy but the place is clean and well run.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 8th floor for the view but ended up with a view of the parking garage. We were in R...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the Charlottesville Red Roof Inn. We appreciate your business and your recommendation to others. I'm sorry that your remote didn't work upon arrival and that the towels weren't as soft as you would have liked. I am, however, happy to my staff got you a working remote very quickly. The two restaurants that you mentioned are actually tenants of the hotel and the sandwich shop, "Jimmy Johns," actually serves sandwiches until approximately 2am; so keep that in mind during your next visit. Thanks again for your kind remarks and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Red Roof Inn C'ville is a fairly standard hotel in terms of comfort, quality, and service. But the reason this is better than average is it's terrific location right on the Corner. If you are an alum returning for a visit, or a family member visiting a student, this is definitely the place to stay. You can walk to Little John's, Bodo's, and Arch's; plus Mellow Mushroom is right next door. The Lawn and Rotunda are also an easy walk away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yolunda A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let others know just how close we are to everything! The "Corner District" is a very vibrant area full of shops and restaurants in addition to being close to all things UVA. We thank you for visiting the Red Roof Inn in Charlottesville and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had to stay in Charlottesville because my father-n-law was having a procedure done at UVA. My mother-n-law recommended this hotel because of the price compared to the other hotels in the area. I did check around and they did have the best rate. If you tell them you or a family member is a patient at UVA, they will give you a discount. The experience I have had with other Red Roof Inns, I was a little worried how this would be. When we arrived, I was really surprised. We were able to check right in and the ladies at the front desk made sure we were on the same floor. The room itself was very clean. Probably the only complaint I have about the room is there was only 2 towels. We did go to the front desk and they gave us some more. The beds were not the most comfortable, but I slept just fine on it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing the Red Roof Inn of Charlottesville. Tell your family we appreciate the recommendation. Yes, we are very close to the hospital; just located across the street. Although we hope that you do not have to return for medical purposes we do hope that when you are in the area again that you will allow us to take care of your hotel needs.
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights in October 2012. We went to Charlottesville to visit Monticello. The location of this hotel is convenient to the campus, the rooms was quiet, and the parking is free but beyond that there's not a lot to recommend. I would look elsewhere if needing a room in Charlottesville again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yolunda A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for staying in our hotel and taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are excited to let you and everyone else know that we are starting a complete renovation of the hotel in December that we know everyone is going to enjoy. We will be replacing everything in the hotel. Please consider visiting us again and experiencing our brand new rooms in the spring. Thanks again for your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for a fall weekend night (Saturday). The hotel is in a great location- not too long of a walk to the Ped Mall area, and very close to the university grounds. We had a higher floor, so it was a good view of the hills surrounding Charlottesville. Overall the hotel room was very plain- and pretty much what I expected out of a college town hotel. The downside was that you could hear all the noise from the other rooms/hallway (I'd actually rate it as a 2.5, rather than a 3). Check-in/out was great, great service and there is some coffee and breakfast treats that you can snag on weekend mornings. Also, free parking in the garage below.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Yolunda A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Charlottesville is a wonderful college town with lots of charm and a host of activities. We appreciate your business and hope that you will get an opportunity to come back and enjoy our hotel upon completion of our renovation during the winter months. One of our goals during the renovation is to implement some noise reduction modifications. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Eustis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thanks to Danna at the Red Roof Inn, my stay in Charlottesville was made easy during my husband's hospitalization at the UVA Hospital. Her courteous, thoughtful attention to my needs spoke volumes about the way guests are treated. Because of its location, I could easily walk to the hospital in 5 minutes; and restaurants are next door. Rooms are nice and well kept.

Room Tip: Express your needs and ask for help in selecting. Danna was terrific!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for electing to stay with us during your hospital visit. I know what a taxing time that can be for you and your family. I am very pleased to hear that Danna took great care of you during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your thoughtful remarks to her. Here at the Charlottesville Red Roof Inn, we take special measures to ensure that our hospital guests are supported during their time of need. Thank you again for your kind remarks and should you need to visit UVA again, it would be our pleasure to serve you and your family.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charlottesville? Share your experiences!