“Hospital Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Graduate Charlottesville

You added Graduate Charlottesville to your Saves list
Graduate Charlottesville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1309 West Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22903 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Charlottesville)   |
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Hospital Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had to stay in Charlottesville because my father-n-law was having a procedure done at UVA. My mother-n-law recommended this hotel because of the price compared to the other hotels in the area. I did check around and they did have the best rate. If you tell them you or a family member is a patient at UVA, they will give you a discount. The experience I have had with other Red Roof Inns, I was a little worried how this would be. When we arrived, I was really surprised. We were able to check right in and the ladies at the front desk made sure we were on the same floor. The room itself was very clean. Probably the only complaint I have about the room is there was only 2 towels. We did go to the front desk and they gave us some more. The beds were not the most comfortable, but I slept just fine on it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Yolunda A, General Manager at Graduate Charlottesville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Red Roof Inn of Charlottesville. Tell your family we appreciate the recommendation. Yes, we are very close to the hospital; just located across the street. Although we hope that you do not have to return for medical purposes we do hope that when you are in the area again that you will allow us to take care of your hotel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights in October 2012. We went to Charlottesville to visit Monticello. The location of this hotel is convenient to the campus, the rooms was quiet, and the parking is free but beyond that there's not a lot to recommend. I would look elsewhere if needing a room in Charlottesville again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yolunda A, General Manager at Graduate Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for staying in our hotel and taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are excited to let you and everyone else know that we are starting a complete renovation of the hotel in December that we know everyone is going to enjoy. We will be replacing everything in the hotel. Please consider visiting us again and experiencing our brand new rooms in the spring. Thanks again for your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for a fall weekend night (Saturday). The hotel is in a great location- not too long of a walk to the Ped Mall area, and very close to the university grounds. We had a higher floor, so it was a good view of the hills surrounding Charlottesville. Overall the hotel room was very plain- and pretty much what I expected out of a college town hotel. The downside was that you could hear all the noise from the other rooms/hallway (I'd actually rate it as a 2.5, rather than a 3). Check-in/out was great, great service and there is some coffee and breakfast treats that you can snag on weekend mornings. Also, free parking in the garage below.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Yolunda A, General Manager at Graduate Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Charlottesville is a wonderful college town with lots of charm and a host of activities. We appreciate your business and hope that you will get an opportunity to come back and enjoy our hotel upon completion of our renovation during the winter months. One of our goals during the renovation is to implement some noise reduction modifications. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Eustis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thanks to Danna at the Red Roof Inn, my stay in Charlottesville was made easy during my husband's hospitalization at the UVA Hospital. Her courteous, thoughtful attention to my needs spoke volumes about the way guests are treated. Because of its location, I could easily walk to the hospital in 5 minutes; and restaurants are next door. Rooms are nice and well kept.

Room Tip: Express your needs and ask for help in selecting. Danna was terrific!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for electing to stay with us during your hospital visit. I know what a taxing time that can be for you and your family. I am very pleased to hear that Danna took great care of you during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your thoughtful remarks to her. Here at the Charlottesville Red Roof Inn, we take special measures to ensure that our hospital guests are supported during their time of need. Thank you again for your kind remarks and should you need to visit UVA again, it would be our pleasure to serve you and your family.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Charlotesville Red Roof Inn is in a fantastic location for visiting U Va and the city. Complete with parking garage and, they accept pets!

There are a host of restaurants very nearby.

The bathroom could have been cleaner, but that is probably partially caused by what looks like a bamboo floor finish.

Would stay there again when traveling with our pets.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Yolunda A, General Manager at Graduate Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Red Roof Inn location. Yes, we have an excellent location, right in the heart of the Corner District. Your pets are always welcomed and there is a convenient location across the street to walk your pet. I will let my team know that you plan to visit us again and all the remarks you had for us. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My sons youth sports team was scheduled to play in Charlottesville and the team manager had few options for hotels. I recalled staying at the Red Roof years ago while working in Charlottesville. My co-workers always stayed at the Red Roof due to its proximity to one of our offices and the overall value--but it had been almost 10 years since I last stayed there. Many parents were skeptical--a Red Roof? Everyone I spoke with after the stay was positive about the hotel.

The location of this hotel is the main selling point. Its right on Main St., across from the hospital, and at the edge of the main campus. If your going to explore the campus and the student oriented activities, this is a great location. I'd much rather be here than at the Hampton Inn on Main, but farther from campus. There is a Courtyard between the Hampton and Red Roof.

At the Red Roof there is a Mellow Mushroom and Jimmy Johns on-site, inside the hotel building. However, there are many more choices lining Main Street as far as you'd care to walk in either direction.

The hotel shows its age in places like the elevators, door keys, repaired chips in the bath tub, the ironing board hangs out in the open, small bathrooms, etc. but its been updated over the years and I found our room to be clean and well kept. Yes, the towels were scratchy and beds sit really low by todays standards, but the room was quiet and comfortable. I understand they are undergoing a renovation in the coming months.

The front desk staff was friendly and eager to help. Even the night security staff was very friendly. Somewhere I read they don't provide breakfast, but there were pre-packaged honey buns, granola bars, etc, in the lobby, along with juice and coffee. Honestly, with all the options nearby, I wouldn't eat here even if the breakfast was comparable to a Hampton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Yolunda A, General Manager at Graduate Charlottesville, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. You are so right we have the best location in town. I will pass along your comments to my staff; they love to hear when guests are pleased with their service. I also would like to inform you that our hotel will be undergoing renovations starting in November and we can't wait for you to see the results. After the renovation we will have all new beds, bedding, new look to our rooms, elevators will be remodeled, and hopefully continental breakfast every day. Please come and visit us again soon and we truly appreciate you choosing the Red Roof Inn.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The price was great ($55 via priceline) for a clean, spacious room with a king-sized bed on the 8th floor. Nice views. What a great mattress! Finally, a great night's sleep.

Within close walking distance were lots of restaurants. (We ate at the Balkan Bistro, pricey but delicious). A quick elevator ride down to the parking garage. A mile or so from Monticello. I am so glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: Ask for the eighth floor if you want perfect quiet and the best views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for telling future travelers about your pleasant experience at the Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear you had a great night's sleep. Just so you know, we will start renovations soon and once we are done we will have all new bedding to offer you an even better sleeping experience. We look forward to serving you in the near future and thanks again for your business.

Been to Graduate Charlottesville? Share your experiences!