“Gone down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area

You added Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area to your Saves list
Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1610 Emmet Street North, US 29 North & US 250, Charlottesville, VA 22901   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Gone down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have stayed here in the past, and the rooms were old but at least clean, this time even though I was suppose to be in a Non-smoking room..yea it smelled. The roof had leaked, there was a water stain down the center of the whole ceiling of the room with clear signs of mold. Tried to change rooms. Was told that they did not have any others available.
Bed frame squeaked with any movement

Two of the 3 mornings, by the time I went for breakfast at 7:30a there was hardly anything left, and they did not even had water to drink. When I asked if I could get some, I was told it was in vending machines.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Keni P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. We are making changes in all areas to better the experience to the guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

NEVER stay here! It was flthy, sheets stained, carpet disgusting and women wondering around the property early in the morning, kind of wondered why they were around so early in the morning looking for gas money to get home???? Attendent told us to call 911 if we had any trouble????

We never took off our clothes or socks and slept without any sheets/blankets but with our own blanket. So afraid of everything but too late to go to another place for it was 1"30 in the morning by the time we arreived from the DC airport. Could not get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Keni P, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
thank you for the response. we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience during the stay. we have been making changes to the hotel. we hope to make the next stay better
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Well, we checked in & the lady at desk didn't greet us..then she gives us our key & doesn't explain where the room is..took us a few rounds to find..room is cold when we arrive..heat seems to not work..bathroom is in bad condition peeling paint stains..room is small, tv is small. bed spread has burn holes...this is just ten mins in..

• Stayed February 2014
thank you for the response. we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced while on your stay. we are making the changes to the hotel. we hope to make the next stay better.
Chatham, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I spent a night here while on a late fall driving tour of the region. From the outside, there's nothing to recommend the place – seems to be a big sprawling complex of rooms on two levels, mostly vacant when I stayed there. Just my subjective opinion but it struck me as a business that's been decaying through neglect for some years.

The gentleman at the front desk was courteous. I obtained a CAA discount but I've paid less for better accommodations than I found here. The location is ok, right off a highway and on a main road but there did not appear to be anything within walking distance in terms of a place to get a bite to eat. But that's not uncommon for places on the outskirts of town.

Things started out badly when I had trouble entering the unit. I thought there was a problem with the passkey as the door would not open. I gave it one last effort using my shoulder to apply some force and it finally did open. Closing it took the same effort. I was struck immediately by a terrible fusty smell. I kept the door open for awhile to try and air the unit out and turned on the heating unit to help with air circulation. It improved slightly but was impossible to eliminate. Overall everything looked worn, dated and a little grungy. Strangely, the bathroom had an acoustic tile ceiling and no fan. An hour after checking in, I heard a commotion outside my room, loud noises, voices, running; and maybe 20 minutes later when I went out to my vehicle to get something I saw a police cruiser out front and noticed the front office door had been smashed. I could hear my neighbors all too well through what must be thin walls. The general state of the room, the lack of cleanliness and the smell made me leery of sleeping between the sheets so I slept in my sleeping bag on top of the bed.

The good; the room was spacious, the heating/air conditioning unit looked new and operated ok, as did the wifi. Also the shower worked and there was soap and a towel or two.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
thank you for the response. we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience during the stay. we have been making improvements on all areas of the hotel. we hope to make the next stay experience better.

Been to Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area? Share your experiences!