How do I not love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) No record of registration;
2) After effort, assigned a room;
3) Key card did not work;
4) Housekeeper struggled and finally opened room - I could still not;
5) Non-smoking room must mean that the five guys smoking cigars had not smoked in the room for at least ten minutes - absolutely gross. (Interesting that two of the three cigar smokers we saw were employees);
6) Front desk attendant overwhelmed by customers - each with a reservation issue - one was on her third room try - each of the first two assigned were already occupied;
7) Even though seriously over-booked, the front desk staff assigned me another room (woe to the one who followed who got the smoke filled one);
8) No doubles available, just kings. OK, OK, please give me anything that is available that is clean and smoke free (also unoccupied would be nice):
9) Arrived at second room and - surprise - a double! They didn't even know the configuration of the rooms;
10) My wife was thrilled to have to clean dried material (what appeared to be feces) off the toilet seat;
11) Narrowest shower known to man;
12) Small commode - woe to the plus sized traveler;
13) Oops! Must stop. 13 could result in another terrible stay!
Unfortunately, due to a college football game, all other local hotels were fully booked. Worst of all, we cancelled a reservation 40 miles away to stay here. The extra driving would have been worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area Hotel
- Days Inn Charlottesville
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.