I don't object to paying $200 a night for a nice hotel, but this is the worst Marriott I've stayed in, and charging that much for a low-quality room is egregious. There was no football game in town the weekend that I stayed, so I assume this is their usual rate. The lobby is fine, but the rooms need to be renovated. We had a few rooms booked for our party, and everyone had similar complaints. Our room smelled like dirty, wet rags ... it was dark and dingy with very poor, yellowish lighting that made the rooms look thoroughly depressing ... there was a disturbing gluey-looking stain on the carpet that compelled me to keep my shoes on at all times ... the bathrooms were like those of a cheap roadside motel. If I were charged $85 a night, I'd think I was getting a fair deal, but I don't want anyone making the mistake that I did in thinking that they were going to get a very nice room for their money. The positive side is the location -- it's in walking distance to restaurants, but so is the Red Roof Inn.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville - University Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charlottesville - University Medical Hotel Charlottesville
- Courtyard University Medical Center
- Courtyard Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Courtyard
- Charlottesville Marriott