“My New favorite destination in Charlottesville” 5 of 5 stars

(434) 202-2791
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brookville Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 430 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St NW
Minneapolis
“My New favorite destination in Charlottesville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Oh wow, what a treat! I thought about this meal for two days after....but then I departed Charlottesville for more dining in North Carolina and couldn’t remember what I had!!
So, upon returning home, I emailed Brookville and got the most delightful and genuine response. It was from the Chef’s wife, Jennifer. She promised to send me the menu for that night (it changes daily depending upon what’s available in the market) and send she did. It came with a lovely cover note with an elegant card and the menu itself was sealed with wax! Was I impressed? Yes.
I wished we had ordered the tasting menu as I really wanted to taste everything, but certainly will do that the next time. the tasting menu is $50 per, but I think we probably spent that anyway. We had, for shared first courses -
Beer Battered broccoli, with spicy aioli and Piedmont cheeses
Buffalo style sweetbreads - ranch dressing and micro arugula
What can I say? Even if you don’t like either of the above, you’re making a big mistake if you don’t try them...I could eat that broccoli every day and the sweetbreads???Melt in your mouth.
For entrees, my husband and I had Slow Roasted Pork Belly with spring succotash and a fried egg. Every texture, every flavor...crispy on the outside, creamy, tender delish on the inside.
the other couple both had the Roasted Barnsley chop which was a gigantic lamb chop cooked to perfection and served with spring onion, mint cream, and micro arugula.
We shared two desserts, House made chocolate fudge (your mother never made it this good) and Jelly donuts with spicy raspberry jelly. I don’t even LIKE jelly donuts, except now I do, but only from Brookville. I hated having to share either of these.
I can’t comment on the wine list, though our guest is a wine sleuth and whatever he selected was lovely.
Don’t miss this wonderful dining experience. The server was low key, friendly and knowledgeable..And by the way, Kudos to Chef Harrison Keevil!!!!

• Visited May 2012

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Charming atmosphere, creative chef, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our second trip to Brookville restaurant in Charlottesville, VA, this time for Sunday brunch over the Memorial weekend, was fantastic. Harrison Keeville is a brilliant chef. He uses mostly locally grown ingredients to create simple dishes like an artist. His soft scramble eggs and crepe filled with shitake mushrooms and micro greens were just out of the world! The 2-hour trip from Washington was well worth it. We'll be back for sure.

Raihana Haque and S.A. Chowdhury

• Visited May 2012
Vienna, VA
“Very Good Local Ingredients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place has a great concept, and they pull it off. The food is very good. We like the fact that they offer a lot of small plates so you can try a lot. One challenge is that you can walk out of there with a big bill if you aren't careful!

Visited September 2011
New York City, New York
“limited menu, but everything we tried was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

we have not done well previously in charlottesville, and we have tried about 10 restaurants. with its location, someone should be able to do a menu based on local ingredients. a number claim that they do, but this is the first one we have tried that does it very well.

be warned however that if you are a true vegetarian, you are very limited (anyone is limited since they only have 4 or 5 appetizers and the same number of entrees). pork is big here (and it is great). upon request, they will adjust certain items to remove the pork.

service is very friendly and helpful. the wine list is virginia-based, but they find excellent small producers.

desserts are terrific (the doughnuts are memorable).

there is no question we will be back. i hope they thrive, but it was only about one-half full at 8:00 p.m. on a friday. not a good sign, especially since a number of awful places on the mall were packed. it can't be the price point, which is certainly fair for this quality and the service. i guess there is no accounting for taste!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“THE place in Charlottesville to take any locavore or meat lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Let me start by saying that for all intents and purposes, I'm a vegetarian. I don't have a problem with meat eaters, which is why I happily accompany my fiance to Brookville.

Brookville is a celebration of meat. Brookville is where meat lovers can go to worship meat. Brookville is where the lowly pig is elevated to grand levels. This is a meat lover's paradise.

We've grown to love the couple that runs Brookville and are charmed that the chef makes a habit of coming to tables to thank guests for coming. He is clearly picky about his sources, as virtually every item on the menu is accompanied by a notation about the specific farm that supplied it.

As a vegetarian, I usually order a salad and cheese plate for dinner (I have multiple choices at brunch) and am quite satisfied.

• Visited January 2012