“Don't let the exterior fool you...” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Italian, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Savour restaurant is an upscale restaurant that draws from many modern and classical styles from around the world. The executive chef & owner, Ed Nafei, has gained culinary experience from different corners of the world. His aim is to please the palate of every guest.
Arlington, VA
“Don't let the exterior fool you...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Savour is one of our favorite restaurants in Charlottesville where you can get gourmet food without breaking the bank. The outside isn't impressive, honestly we never would of stopped if someone we know hadn't highly recommended it. The interior is nice though, very cozy. We have always had excellent service, one particular memory is when we went on Valentine's Day and I was greeted with a little edible rose. I like how varied the menu items are, there is something for everybody. The scallops in the curry sauce are wonderful, everything is so flavorful, I've never tried something I didn't like. My only complaint is the drink menu, I wish there were some cocktails and I wish there were more wines available by the glass. However, this is one of our favorite restaurants and we will continue to go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Everyone has personal preferences when it comes to food, and we are fortunate to now live in a community--Durham-Chapel Hill--which has a number of farm to table restaurants featuring high-quality, locally-sourced ingredients and critically-acclaimed chefs. As a native Virginian and UVa grad, I was hoping to find this same sort of restaurant when I returned to Charlottesville for the first time in about 15 years. Unfortunately I made a bad choice.

Savour is dated-- its decor and its food. My wife and I are in our late 60's--and we were among the younger persons in Savour on our visit. At least two tables had to move chairs around during our visit to try and find chairs which did not have broken springs The bread and wine were very generic.The main ingredients of the appetizers, main courses, and deserts were overwhelmed by sauces, herbs, sugar, or other flavorings and were certainly not of the quality we would expect for a $100+ meal for two in Charlottesville.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Simply outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Don't judge a book by its cover! You walk inside to find a beautifully inviting upscale decor. From the appetizers to the deserts the meal could have been better! ( We had tuna tartar,scallops, lamb and veal). Chef Ed visited our table several times to discuss selections and ensure our satisfaction. Had this restaurant been located Atlanta you would have to wait for reservations! By far the best meal of our extended trip. Cudo's to Chef Ed and his wait staff!! We hope our travels bring us back to your area in the future. :).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
montreat
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were traveling with two other couples and had taken in Monticello and Ash Land Highland earlier in the day. Had gone back to our rooms to relax and have refreshment and really didn't want to drive for dinner. I asked Kathy if she could recommend a good restaurant where we didn't have to drive . She said the best one in Charlottesville was Sauour. It just so happened that was alrady on my list from looking at TA. We were staying at the English Inn (one block away). What a great evening and meal . Our server was Blake and he did a great job. I had lamb and my wife had fish and both were outstanding. We needed the walk back to our hotel just to walk of the meal

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McLean, Virginia
“Trying hard but missing the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

An ambitious menu, comfortable dining room, limited wine list and uneven execution mark this establishment. While they are clearly trying hard... Enthusiastic wait staff are hectic yet motivated to please. That's the good news...duck is overly cooked and overly sauced. Rack of lamb in contrast to other selections is bland and over cooked. The duck consume soup was lovely albeit with overly cooked dumplings. Dessert...ok brûlée but coffee that was terribly weak, made with dark roasted beans.

Visited September 2013