We were originally going to stay at the Hamptom Inn, but decided to save a few bucks and get a more convenient location by switching to the Best Western.
It was, all in all, fine. The hotel is very convenient to the campus, and about 10 minutes from Monticello. The room was pretty much as expected -- clean, the usual amenities, a decent breakfast. The only real complaint was with the a/c, which was quite noisy. (This was a problem in several hotels on our trip -- must be a Virginia thing ...)
If I was going to stay longer than one night I might go for something a bit more flash, but for a place to sleep and grab breakfast, this hotel more than met our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the campus of the University of Virginia,just a couple of blocks away from the Admissions Office, Alumni Office and the UVA Bookstore, the hotel is centrally located near historic attractions, the Cavalier Inn provides comfortable accommodations and easy access to the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson's architectural masterpiece, the world-famous Rotunda of the University of Virginia, Monticello, Michie Tavern, Ash Lawn-Highland, and the Charlottesville and Richmond International Airports. Guests will also find numerous recreational activities within a short distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel