The staff were nice and allowed us to check in early due to a long car ride. However when I opened the door to the room I was very disappointed. There was a dead spider stuck to the wall and the ceiling above my sons bed had huge brown stains and looked like I was going to collapse. The bed was absolutely horrible and very uncomfortable. Everything was very outdated in the pictures on the website looked nothing like the room we stayed in. I would absolutely never stay there again. I cannot believe that the other people on this website who had a great experience stayed in the same hotel as we did. For the amount of money that I paid we were disgusted and actually just felt gross staying there. I was glad we only have to stay there one night. You won't see me again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the campus of the University of Virginia,just a couple of blocks away from the Admissions Office, Alumni Office and the UVA Bookstore, the hotel is centrally located near historic attractions, the Cavalier Inn provides comfortable accommodations and easy access to the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson's architectural masterpiece, the world-famous Rotunda of the University of Virginia, Monticello, Michie Tavern, Ash Lawn-Highland, and the Charlottesville and Richmond International Airports. Guests will also find numerous recreational activities within a short distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel