Signage is very poor. Not obvious at all, how to get into the parking lot. The room was fine. Very nice bed linens. Very clean. Very nice beds Almost inadequate shower flow. Internet service was a joke. It was incredibly slow. Very quiet AC, but you can't adjust it. No AC in the 5th floor lobby, though. When you get out of the elevator on the 5th floor, it was like entering a blast furnace. Don't go swimming! There is algae growing all over the walls. At first, I thought it was great, that the water was not overly chlorinated until I noticed all the algae. There was an empty gatorade bottle in one of the water intake things. There were no clean, dry pool towels, despite being assured by the front desk clerk that there were pool towels available. There were football players hanging out over the balconies overlooking the pool, which made me very uncomfortable. (I was alone in the pool). Breakfast was horrible!!! The biscuits were as hard as hockey pucks. The sausage gravy was awful. One orange juice spigot dispensed orange colored water. There were no tongs at the pastry station. It grossed me out thinking about how many hands might have touched those pastries. The dining area is not handicapped accessible. There was no breakfast hostess. There were more staff eating breakfast than guests. The morning front desk clerk couldn't have cared less about being there. You have to ask for the safe fee to be removed from your bill. Upon arrival I was thinking about staying a second night, but after the pool ,the breakfast, horrible internet, and all the football players, I stayed only one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the campus of the University of Virginia,just a couple of blocks away from the Admissions Office, Alumni Office and the UVA Bookstore, the hotel is centrally located near historic attractions, the Cavalier Inn provides comfortable accommodations and easy access to the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson's architectural masterpiece, the world-famous Rotunda of the University of Virginia, Monticello, Michie Tavern, Ash Lawn-Highland, and the Charlottesville and Richmond International Airports. Guests will also find numerous recreational activities within a short distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel