My mother had to have heart surgery at University of Virginia Hospital and the hospital provided me with a list of area hotels. I began calling around to the ones provided and no one was willing to work with me on a rate or length of stay due to a home football game the weekend after her surgery. I needed two rooms for at least four days and when I contacted The English Inn, Kathy Palmer answered my call. She listened to the situation as I explained it to her and she was very understanding and compassionate about the situation. She worked with me and provided me with a great rate for both rooms and told me that if I didn't need one room that there would not be a problem with an early check out of that room where other hotels in the area had said that if a Friday night stay occurred then a Saturday night stay would be required as well.
The entire staff goes above and beyond what would be expected from any major chain. This is a small family owned business and it shows very well that they are very compassionate and caring people here. They serve a full hot breakfast every morning free of charge to the guests and the food tastes home cooked. The vending machines are not over priced and do not gouge the guests. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with nice firm mattresses, clean towels and linens. It was refreshing to find an exceptionally clean room. The cleaning staff pays very close attention to the guests needs for the rooms. The tv channel selection is the best of anywhere that I have ever stayed with many different channels to choose from and even have Disney and Nick for the children.
The entire staff made a very difficult time a lot easier for me and my family as we faced a major life event. I couldn't have made a better choice of hotels. I strongly recommend anyone looking for a great place to stay at reasonable rates, this is the place. When you enter, you are greeted with a very warm and cozy atmosphere with a nice fireplace and sitting area to relax. There is also an indoor pool that I was not able to take advantage of, but I saw several people that did and they appeared to have enjoyed it. I highly recommend The English Inn for anyone passing thru Charlottesville or for an extended stay.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville
- The English Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your The English Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.