“Everyone good except one thing!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Charlottesville to your Saves list
Super 8 Charlottesville
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   390 Greenbrier Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22901   |
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Knightdale, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We planned an overnight trip to Monticello. Since we would be out all day, didn't want to spend a lot on just a place to sleep. We found the manager on duty to be very helpful and pleasant. The room was fine, no funky smells, it was clean, bed was comfortable, tv/cable worked. The stairs did have a strong smoke smell and we could hear every conversation in the rooms as we were in the hallway or outside converstions. However, when in the room, we didn't hear anything from other rooms. Breakfast was reasonable (and free), there was toast, cereal, frozen waffles, yogurt and a few other items. I'm sure someone could nic-pick it to death but overall it was fine. We would stay there again. We aren't looking for frills just a clean, safe room for an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Pillows were terrible, towels were paper thin, used as a party hotel for college aged punks, breakfast was a joke, the shower head was full of green gunk and front desk staff was rude/mean and didn't even say "thank you for staying at our low end piece of junk"! You pay cheap you get cheap. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Not much to say. Standard Super 8 Motel in a good location.
No WiFi, no fridge. Good clean beds with a decent breakfast,In the area you can find some nice restaurants and department stores. a bit high price ($70 Inc.Tax.-for seniors). A 1 night motel (no more).

Room Tip: Standard Super 8 Motel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed 2 nights the poor lady changed my room 3 times and the stink bugs were everywhere.
The blankets had holes in them and the place just has a bad odor. Its obvious the owners dont care or have any pride of there hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I should have trusted the reviews. They are terrible for a reason. Wen we checked in, there was a couple in front of us in line, and it took approximately 15 minutes for them to be checked in by the only employee working in the hotel (more on this later). Our check in was seamless as we had prepaid for the room. We were given keys to room 103 and upon opening the door, there was a very stale odor in the room. It smelled like very old chemically treated animal urine. I sat on the bed and immediately sank about a foot--ZERO SUPPORT. My girlfriend laughed until she sat on the bed...same thing. I turned on the air conditioning unit (which worked despite the face it was missing half of its buttons), while my girlfriend stepped into the restroom. Se shrieked and I assumed there was a spider...but no, in the midst of several piles of hair clumped in the floor was a USED NEEDLE from a medical syringe. I immediately called the front desk to have someone clean the room and was rudely informed, "we'll I don't know what you want me to do, I'm the only employee here right now." After expressing how unacceptable this was, the employee relented and said she would bring a mop... She came in and expressed that e bathroom was filthy and had a conversation with my girlfriend about how reliable the cleaning crew normally is...but I missed most of the conversation as I was on the phone trying to find another hotel room...which was difficult as Theresa a large concert in town and apparently several weddings. We immediately took our bags back to the car and I returned to the lobby to check out. The employee looked at me and said, "What now?" I expressed that we would not be staying in that hotel and she asked, "why did you make me clean the floor then?" Unbelievable, we ended up about smile away at the Hampton Inn...more expensive but the experience could not have been better. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Charlottesville? Share your experiences!