“A nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   990 Hilton Heights Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
New Year's Eve Package
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
arlington, United States
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The workers are very nice and it is very well maintained. The pool and hot tub are nice pluses. I did notice that you had to make sure the room door actually shut. It did not close on its own weight and had to be pushed shut.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Eric,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the salt water pool and hot tub. Thank you for letting us know about your door, maintenance will adjust the tension of the door. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
313-253-4344

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Charlotte, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would have given this location all 10's but the internet signal seemed to stop and start and they cut me off the day of checkout. People need it most then to confirm airline reservations. When the front desk was called their answer was " I can't help you, you can go to Mac Donald or use the business center." The business center had a line of people waiting.

Allen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay overall and sincerely regret that the internet put a damper on your visit. I can appreciate how vital internet access is to arranging airline boarding information as well as getting work done. We will be looking into solutions for guests who have already checked out of their rooms, thank you for bringing the intermittent service to our attention. We hope that you have a chance to join us again soon. Please be sure to reach out me if you need any assistance with upcoming reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The setting and appearance of the hotel and lobby led me to expect that the mattresses would be good quality. Everything was up-to-date and clean, service friendly, too. But the mattresses were mushy without providing support, like kids had jumped on them far too often. Other family members were renting other rooms, and one sister-in-law claimed she had never slept in a worst bed. Yet another ended up resorting to sleeping on the floor because the mattress was so bad. Since we were there for 4 nights, I told the front desk, and they let me check out another room - but the mattresses there were just as worn out. I say cookies upon check-in are nice and so are all the other amenities - but a good night's sleep depends on decent mattresses. These need to be replaced!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Shawschey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive to provide the highest quality service and amenities and your feedback is an invaluable tool for us to continue improving. I am pleased that the cleanliness, service, location, décor, and other distinctive amenities were to the high level that we expect. I understand that sleep is a very individual experience and regret that we did not meet your expectations with our bedding. Our team reviews all guest comments so we can take opportunities to improve. I hope that you allow us a chance to welcome you back again. Please reach out to me directly when you do so I can ensure you have the rejuvenating sleep that you deserve.
Ambridge, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

That's the way of the Double Tree! I spent three days at the Charlotteville VA Double Tree. It is a great place for business and/or leisure. Comfortable, curteous and customer focused. I will be staying there again! You bet your cookies I will!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio ReputationManager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
John,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have been able to join us for your recent business trips, and that your experiences here will keep you coming back. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, we will keep the cookies warm for you.
Southwest VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at the Charlottesville Doubletree on Oct. 1 and 2 for a conference held at the hotel. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable, and the pillows were great. The air conditioner was a little too loud but did not interrupt my sleep.

I was distracted while getting ready to leave and left my iPad on the dresser. I noticed my mistake that evening when I got home and immediately called the hotel. The polite young man took pity on me and went to check for it. It was there! Relief! The housekeeping manager got in touch with me and shipped my iPad back. I'm typing this review on it now.

It is so nice to deal with such an honest and friendly staff. Thank you Doubletree Charlottesville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Seven Seas Lagoon,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your room with all of its lush features. Technology is such an important part of our lives, I don't know that I would do if my laptop or phone went missing. I am overjoyed; but unsurprised, to hear that our awesome team was able to reunite you with your iPad. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. I certainly hope that you have a chance to stay with us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel is nice, and the lobby is nicer than most Doubletree's I have stayed at. The room is decent sized and was quiet. The staff is friendly.

We had booked here far in advance as we had a wedding to attend. I called to alter our reservation and it was a royal hassle. First I was told, the computer wasn't working. Then I was told I needed permission from the hotel manager to shorten my reservation and he wasn't there on weekends. I was told it was a "special" weekend and they had been booked for months. Well ok, I wanted to shorten my stay - seems to me that if it was so "special", they'd have no problem filling the nights I cancelled. Mind you, this was a month in advance. I called the 800# and was told the same thing. I tried on-line with no luck.

I called on Monday and things went better. They changed my reservation with no problems. But what a hassle. I've never had that experience before.

We stayed here for a few nights. During the week, everything was perfect. On the weekend, no so much. The hotel had a wedding and the hotel was understaffed. Gym had no water, no towels. The restaurant was understaffed. At 3:30 pm, our room was still not clean.

Note that this hotel was sold out months in advance, yet the hotel did nothing to increase the staff. Tells me upper management or the hotel franchisee doesn't care about quality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Club Nev,
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback about the hotel. I am pleased that you were able to join us to attend the wedding. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality service and amenities and rely on your feedback to improve. I am pleased that you found the room to be comfortable and quiet and that the staff was friendly. It appears as though we met our expectation during the weekdays of your visit, but I regret that we missed some key opportunities to take care of you over the weekend. Please know that we will use your feedback to discuss the events of the weekend and make adjustments to ensure that the situation does not occur again. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
Charlottesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is a very good choice when staying north of Charlottesville. Close to the airport, super service, great facilities. You should really consider it. The restaurant and bar are superb. The pool and gym really nice. Check it ou!

Leonardo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your visit with us. I am pleased that you found the location convenient and that you enjoyed the hotel, TJ's tavern, and our lovely pool area. Future travelers rely on your feedback when deciding where to stay, so we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville? Share your experiences!