“About what you expect in a Fairfield Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Oklahoma
“About what you expect in a Fairfield Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting UVA. The hotel was about whs you would expecect. I felt the rooms were a little on the small side, however the lobby and breakfast area were very nice and were obviously newly renovated.

• Stayed March 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear 50toes,

Thanks for your review and I hope you enjoyed visiting the University while you were in town. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our renovations and appreciate your other feedback as well. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Charlottesville!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clifton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, in a room for handicapped, because of my husband. He had an issue with the door automatically closing, as he has a walker and cannot move fast, so it always hit him. Also there was a curb, not a flat surface in the parking lot closest to the room. The fitness center had equipment that had no operating instructions, i could not use the treadmill, as i could not figure out how to use it for walking. I have used equipment in foreign countries, without English, and could figure it out. The desk was supposed to look up the instructions and let me know how to use the treadmill for walking, but I never heard from them. The rooms are pretty standard, the breakfast was OK, with a lot of choices. The location was good, there were quite a few restaurants nearby to chose from. It was quiet, except for Saturday night, but management made the noisy individuals go back to there rooms.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor, which is good, as there is only one elevator. We faced the side parking lo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear DianeC91,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites and for your feedback - I'm so sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and we will discuss your review in order to provide a better experience for our guests in accessible rooms. If you would like to speak further, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. I am happy that you enjoyed many other parts of your stay, though, and hope you will consider giving us another chance when you're in Charlottesville again.

(434) 822-2161
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Charlottesville and after a not so pleasant experience at a different hotel, we decided it was worth it to spend a little more money and try a different hotel.

I have to admit that this was worth the extra money. The moment you step in the hotel it feels fresh and clean and the staff is friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable.

My only complaint came the first morning when we came back to our room after having breakfast at a IHOP nearby. The housekeeper was still in our room which I didn't mind until I saw that she was going through all of our snacks that we brought (we were staying for a week) and she was snooping through the food we brought in the refrigerator. She didnt know we were watching her at first since she had her headphones in and couldn't hear us come in the room. When she finally looked up and saw us, you could see the clear embarrassment on her face and quickly just put some towels in the bathroom, without actually cleaning the bathroom and left. After that, we only let her in the room twice, in which she only made up one of the two beds, and never cleaned the tub. We ended up cleaning it ourselves. The other complaint I have is with the noisy shower head that seems to squeal on some mornings and the tub that is peeling in some places and clearly needs to be replaced.

I would stay here again if we had to come back because the room was nice, and the beds were comfortable and it is convenient to the Applebees and the Food Lion and close to the hospital. However, I think some training could be used for the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Weddingdiva27,

We appreciate you trying us out during your stay in Charlottesville. We've recently completed renovations and are proud to show off our new look so I'm glad you enjoyed it! However, I would like to apologize for your experience with our housekeeper - it is our duty to make sure our guests feel absolutely safe and secure so I will pass your feedback on in order to make sure we provide the best service we can. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below. Thanks for your review and we do hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town.

(434) 822-2161
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here on a fall weekend getaway in Charlottesville. This is a comfortable hotel with an updated lobby at reasonable prices:

Pros:
Nightly Rate was less than $100
Comfortable Rooms
Updated Lobby
Near lots of development
Typical Fairfield Inn experience

Cons:
Removed from downtown C'Ville

Overall, a clean hotel at an afforable price. No complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear DCTraveler2786,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel - I hope you enjoyed your weekend getaway! I'm happy to hear that you had so many pros during your stay and enjoyed our new updates after recent renovations. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times, recently last week. I must say I think it is a little overpriced but with the other choices available I chose Fairfield Inn. The location is good with a Food Lion next door to purchase snacks. It is hard to find and I don't like the idea they permit pets. In fact the room next door had a German Sheppard in it and when the owner brought it out into the hall it barked loudly and I thought it would be a problem regarding sleeping etc. but it wasn't. But the thought of fleas etc bothers me. Staff were great and I didn't eat the free breakfast but I had on previous stays and it was adequate. The hotel also jumps its prices considerably if there are any special events going on at UVA or in Charlottesville so book early if you can.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not used by pets if they are available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear rebel56,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed us enough in your past experiences to stay with us again. Also, thanks for the feedback - I will pass it on to our General Manager as we strive to provide a great stay for all of our guests. Thanks again & we hope to see you on your next visit to Charlottesville!

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after seeing a concert at John Paul Jones Arena. We wanted to be able to leave the concert, which would end late, and easily get to our hotel and get to sleep. The location was great. It was only about a 10 min. drive with easy access to major roads.

The hotel was clean overall. The front desk staff was helpful, even checking in near midnight. There aren't any great options for late night snacks. They did have a small store/vending area, but it wasn't stocked very well with food. It could have been raided already from the other concert goers.

We stayed in a handicap room, which was the only thing available. Not a problem. The room was clean and there was plenty of space to put your belongings. The few "issues" we found with the room were minor. There was a strong air freshener scent in the room, which seemed to come from the air conditioning. It was slightly overwhelming, but not a deal breaker. The other "issue" was hair in the bathroom. I am sure the room was clean, but finding hairs on the shower floor and on a towel were less than appealing.

Overall, we had a great stay. We skipped breakfast at the hotel and went to Bodo's Bagels instead. It is right down the street and is worth checking out this apparent local favorite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Charlottesville, VA last week for a night, and used a free night's stay from Marriott. I have stayed at this hotel before, and also commented on it on TripAdvisor, and gave it a top ranking. This stay was different, however, due to the front desk staff.

I checked in somewhat late after midnight, and the entry doors are locked in the vestibule requiring you to push a bell to gain access late at night. I rang the bell four times before I was let in the building, and when I proceeded to the front desk, it was obvious the person had been sleeping. No apology, and not very friendly service.

When I checked out, I didn't get a warm feeling either. I asked for a receipt at checkout, and no "Happy to help you!" Also, no "thanks for staying", or "come again", or "thanks for your business!".

The hotel itself is a great place to stay, and is affordable, still in proximity to the city, and close enough to UVA, etc. The hotel has been updated, and restaurant choices are abundant, and the hotel is clean. I rated this stay "average" because I know everyone has an off day at times, but hope the next time I stay the service is a bit more friendly and appreciative.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North? Share your experiences!