“Unique” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget
Bel Air, MD
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wife and I are split on this. This is located on a side street just off the downtown walk area. Wife wanted soup and this was recommended. There are unique soups on the menu as well as salads and some sandwiches. Wife sampled soups before a selection. She said all were very good and settled on a choice. We both had salads which were free. I had a BLT sandwich, free wheat bread, tomatoes, lettuce and crisp bacon. Very good. No table service. You order, get order and drink and clear the table. Okay for us. Prices seemed appropriate.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, Singapore
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stopped by Revolutionary Soup for dinner, and I tried the Adam's Apple sandwich which was one of the best sandwiches I have eaten, with a sweet & savoury combination; was told that this was their award winning sandwich. Their crab and corn chowder was good as well.

Visited May 2013
“Healthy, local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

If you want some of the best vegetarian food in C'ville, go to Rev Soup. Reminds me of the West Coast and all the great local restaurants there. I'm a local and hang out here whenever I can.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Ok lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

First, this restaurant is not accessible for wheelchairs (or strollers), so be prepared. However, they have high chairs available and a great changing table in the bathroom.

I ordered the BLT with tomato soup; my husband had the grilled cheese with crab & corn chowder. I liked my sandwich, but I thought the soup was just ok. It's supposed to be a bisque, but I found it a bit watery. My husband enjoyed his soup more than the sandwich. I thought his crab chowder had a very strong fishy smell. Overall, it was a good meal, but maybe a bit pricey ($4 for a small cup of soup). And, I was a little annoyed that you can't get the half combo with a sandwich (only with wraps).

It's a hipster-ish restaurant in a great location.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Overrated hipster joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Revolutionary - as in US Revolutionary War, or Che Guevara? The red star logo makes the latter more plausible despite being in TJ's hometown. I had the Croque Monsieur, a ham and gruyere sandwich with bechamel that could have been a knockout but for the extremely salty ham, a thick tough slab which could not be bitten through like an ordinary sandwich. I bit it, tried to pull away and tear, and a too-large piece tears off and leaves the sandwich flat. None of it could be bitten through in a bite, you have to proceed by a series of gnaws and tears. The gruyere and bechamel were delicious, but the whole thing was a drippy greasy mess.

Good beer selection. Service was uninspired & unfriendly. Plates & flatware were flimsy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere