“Great Beer Selection” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
MD
“Great Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Was driving through Charlottesville on a recent trip and checked out Beer Run to see what they offered in terms of local beer offerings. They have a great selection of both local and regional craft beers. The bartender was very helpful and helped me out with recommendations.

Visited April 2013

Seattle, WA
“Great food, great beer, great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband loves to try local breweries on the road so we stopped here for lunch on the road. It's a fun place with copper tables and local, fresh, organic food. The river run sandwich and the greens salad were delicious and an excellent change from most road food. The beer selection cannot be beaten. They have a local organic coffee that is a nice dark roast espresso with a slight bitterness to the flavor. We picked up a bag to use on the rest of our trip along with a bunch of local beers, although my husband would have happily bought out the store.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Go for the beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you love beer, this is the place to go in Charlottesville. The staff in the beer shop really know their stuff and can recommend something for any taste. They have a huge selection of craft beers, obscure brands and tons of great ciders. However the restaurant side of the business could use some work. We stopped for lunch one day and no one noticed we were there for about 20 minutes, even though it wasn't busy. If we hadn't realized we had friends at a nearby table we would have left. Eventually we were noticed and had nachos. They were pretty good, definitely to share. We like that you can pick a brew from inside and pay a corking fee and enjoy it with your meal. The outdoor seating is great too, and it's a decent stop on your way down from Monticello.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Not a hit.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Heard from locals that Beer Run was the place to go after Church for b.fast. Wished I had saved my money and prayed longer in church. The place has an extensive beer list.,but our breakfast was not great. I ordered the spinach/salmon/egg biscuit. Biscuit was very heavy in texture., almost stale. Hubby got basic croissant w/egg.,bacon.,cheese....said croissant was dry.,almost stale.,too. Bloodymary.'s had a very strange taste which was not enjoyable at all. Not cheap., either. Seemed to me, it was the place to be seen., not necessarily for the food. We will pass next time. (Forgive spelling hiccups, k?)

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, VA
“My favorite place to eat and drink in Cville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I typically come here for lunch, sometimes breakfast. I like to sit at the bar and do some work while enjoying thier selection.

Since they do also have a decent bottle selection for sale to take home, they usually let me know when I come in about anything interesting they might have just received. Great service.

Breakfast is great. They just came up with a new breakfast menu so I haven tried it all but what I have had is good. The coffee is also excellent and you can get espresso drinks too.

Lunch has awesome sandwiches, salads and soups. I typically try the specials but everything has been great. Good vegitarian options.

I believe they have 16 taps with a decent variety so all should be happy.

No problem with service either. Quick and on top of things.

Thank Jay and team!