“Content In Flux” 3 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$95*
and up
Monticello and Thomas Jefferson Country Day Trip...
Type: Historic Sites, History Museums, Gardens, Cultural
Activities: Antiquing
More attraction details
Owner description: Monticello and its many historical rooms, gadgets, furniture, buildings, and artifacts tell us a lot about Thomas Jefferson, the president who built it and lived there.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
“Content In Flux”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently toured Monticello. I was glad to see the tour guides address the Sally Hemmings issue along with Jefferson's conflicting views on slavery; however, that message is the main emphasis on the tours. If you are going to Monticello for the architectural aspects, make sure to let the guide know so you get that emphasis.

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

nice place to visit. like all grounds house.people there are nice and you learn alot from them. of thomas jefferson

Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
22 attraction reviews
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have toured Monticello at least 4 times throughout my life and I never tire of visitied this home. I love the stories about Jefferson, his inventions and family.

Visited January 2012
Canton, Ohio
78 attraction reviews
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visited in August 2012 with our sons and had a great time. Beautiful grounds and well-maintained historic buildings. Our tour guide was very professional, knowledgable and polite. We talked with one of the groundskeepers and she too was great. She even took a picture of our family for us to remember the occation. A wonderful visit!

Visited August 2012
Syracuse
53 attraction reviews
“Thomas Jefferson's Monticello is worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We traveled with family to Virginia over Thanksgiving and went to Monticello. It was my 3rd visit but the first with my children ages 4, 7, and 8. It was also my first visit in the fall. It was beautiful and as always highly informational. The gift shop is very good. My children were very excited to purchase a copy of the Declaration of Independence. I recommend coming early and staying all day.

Visited November 2012