“SO VERY DISAPPOINTED” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Charlottesville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 Ridge McIntire Rd., Charlottesville, VA 22903   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
A TripAdvisor Member
“SO VERY DISAPPOINTED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Unfortunately, we were very disappointed with our recent stay with the “Romance Remembered Package”. The “package” details provided on the website include a “Romantic turndown service including robes, music and lighting, a bottle of Chandon Brut. Bed was turned down, robes in closet, no music/special lighting?? I had spoken with “acting Concierge” Matt Early on the day before arrival to set up a personal request for a special occassion. He suggested a bottle of champagne and two slices of the Omni’s famous chocolate cake to be delivered at 8:00 pm (my choice of time) and that sounded very nice in honor of our celebration. Upon arrival, the valet service was excellent, choosing to valet park and assistance with our luggage. Check-in was rather un-eventful, as the clerk never greeted us or smiled. He told us our room was ready and the bellman would explain the amenities!! Fortunately the bellman ask if we were familiar with the area and picked up a map of the local area. He also turned on the lights, opened the drapes, set up our luggage and got us ice and ask if there was anything further he could do to make our stay more enjoyable. I regret that I didn’t get his name as he was awesome! While settling in, I looked over the items provided at check-in. We had one voucher for breakfast for a two day stay, so had to go to the front desk for the second one. Around 5:00 pm a bottle of champagne and two slices of chocolate cake was delivered. I didn’t think anything about it coming at 5:00 as I knew we were expecting the Chandon Brut around this time, so I thought someone probably included the cake at this early delivery in error. Until after 8:00 pm and nothing was delivered to the room, I called Guest Services. The woman I spoke with said she saw that champagne & cake order for 8:00 pm and would check into it. She called back and told me that it was considered delivered at 5:00 pm. I disputed this as the afternoon delivery was included in the package our reservations were under and in honor of our special occassion we were to get the champagne (didn't ask for more cake!!!)she continued to stand by the 5 pm delivery as fulfilling the 8:00 pm special occasion delivery and package wine/champagne. At this point I was not willing to argue the point. Also, we ordered in-room dinner and upon delivery advised they couldn’t make the Rueben sandwich because they were out of sauerkraut, but the dinner was at no charge. We also had breakfast Sunday morning and dinner in room with no issues. On Sunday evening there was no champagne delivery at around 5:00 pm, so again I called and Guest Services stated it should be on its way but would check to be sure. It was finally delivered. After all of these negative experiences, I was offered an apology and an upgrade and breakfast for my next stay. The last morning, our beverage service was coffee for one, even though it was marked for two. at this point why bother??? When checking out on time (had requested late check-out) Monday, the same clerk was at the front desk, but he never even looked up when I put the keys in the box at the front desk. The bellman/valet was prompt and courteous when picking up our luggage and loading it in our car. There are certainly too many fine hotels in the area to be charged such a high price and not deliver the options or service as expected.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we also appreciate that we had the opportunity to speak directly with you about what happened. We truly hope that you felt as if your concerns were appropriately addressed. We apologize again that we did meet your expectations or our own and truly hope for a future opportunity to provide you with an exceptional stay.

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Washington DC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Overall everything was great - staff is very friendly and helpful, can't beat the location but I would recommend to consider a different place to have breakfast as the the breakfast bar for my taste lacks variety.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Omni on a recent overnight trip to Charlottesville. The staff was friendly and accomodating. They provided an actual portable crib versus a pack n play which was nice. The room was spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel is located on the mall in Charlottesville, lots of cute shops and outdoor dining. Very high quality bedding. Original room overlooked the hotel atrium and we preferred a room that did not, all it took was a quick call to the front desk and we were relocated immediately. Hotel staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really loved this hotel. I don't know if there was something special going on when we were checking in, but as we walked in they were giving out glasses of champagne and strawberries. It was a Friday afternoon and exactly what I needed. This hotel has a great location to the main strip of stuff in Charlottesville, and within walking distance from the collge. It was clean and the room was a good size with a nice comfortable king size bed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

You can't beat the location of this hotel, and the room is clean and comfortable. Restaurants within walking distance. A little pricey, but I suppose that goes hand in hand with the area and convenient location. We would stay here again.

charlottesville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The very expensive, relatively small room was a disappointment. It was not very clean, especially the bathroom. The very loud heating/ac unit that shut on and off continuously coupled with the screaming/crying children in adjoining room did not make for a good nights sleep. Would not recommend considering the high cost. Better to stay elsewhere and take a cab from downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with noise, your ac unit and cleanliness. I assure you this is not the norm for our hotel and I have spoken with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure additional training is conducted with the associate who cleaned your room. I have also sent our Lead Engineer to inspect the air conditioner and fix the problems that you mentioned. We strive to consistently offer our guests a relaxing and comfortable stay with each experience and I regret that we failed in some areas.Your confidence in our hotel extremely important to us and I hope you will accept my apology and allow us to serve you again in the future.

Been to Omni Charlottesville? Share your experiences!