“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Charlottesville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 Ridge McIntire Rd., Charlottesville, VA 22903   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Charlottesvill...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Comfortable stay. When we checked in the previous occupant had clearly been smoking (in spite of this being a non-smoking hotel!). One call down to reception and we were relocated within minutes following this we received a call and letter under the door with an apology - perfect way of handling what could have been a problem but was turned into a positive.

Good night sleep and great pool facilities. I love the location of this hotel for strolling round town. And the parking is complimentary. I can't help but think this hotel has got it right on all counts!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We are thrilled to read that even with a hiccup at the start of your stay, everything was turned around for you to have a wonderful experience at our hotel. Thank you for your understanding and complimentary review. We hope that you will be our guest again soon.

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend with my extended family (10 total) at the end of the summer. We had a very nice stay. Rooms were nice and they had a very good setup with connecting rooms. The staff was very helpful and we found the location great for going out for short walks with the kids. The breakfast was also nice and provided good value. It's a short drive (not quite walking distance) to UVA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to host your family for an end of summer getaway. We are glad you all had a great stay and we hope to have you as our guests again soon.
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a good place to stay as it's central and close to a major shopping mall. The Amtrak station is not too far either. Reception and other staff were very helpful during our stay. There is also an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. Breakfast was a real treat with a large selection of cooked food, cold buffet, cereal and all sorts of drinks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Loved our stay at the downtown Omni hotel! Conveniently located just next to the downtown walking mall, the Omni is a well-appointed contemporary hotel with friendly desk staff. The shops and restaurants are literally a minute's walk away where there's lots to see and do. Our room was nicely-appointed with comfortable beds, and the only down-side was the very small bathroom with only one vanity sink. There are granite countertops, but it would be nicer if the bathrooms were larger.

Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel. The elevator has a glass wall which overlooks the tall contemporary hotel lobby where there is a nice garden, piano and lots of glass. I imagine there is a pianist during high-traffic weekends or during special events. There is a small restaurant/cafe where you can eat inside or out.

Just down from the front desk, there is a nice table with ice water dispensers and freshly-cut lemons which is maintained nicely. The toiletries in the bathroom are upscale and modern. Nicer than most.

If you're staying in the downtown area of Charlottesville, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I can't imagine a better hotel or location in Charlottesville. The service was excellent, the staff friendly, the rooms clean and well-appointed, and the location at the head of the downtown district provides lots of excellent dining and wandering options at the end of a long day of sight-seeing. On top of that, the trolley that stops outside the hotel provides quick and free transport to the university. In fact, my wife and I had such a nice experience at the hotel and in Charlottesville we stayed an extra day. I would also recommend the breakfast buffet, which can fortify you through dinner if you're out during the day and don't wish to stop for lunch. The breads and pastries are outstanding. We also had dinner at the hotel one night, not knowing what to expect, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, including the trout. I don't have an even a minor complaint and would definitely stay here again on a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room. I was in room 535, a king bed room. It seems that the odd numbered rooms face outward with views of Charlottesville, and the Blue Ridge in the distance. The even numbers seem to face the atrium. I enjoyed the outward facing view and recommend you request it. The bed was comfortable, but I found the pillows uncomfortable. They are the kind that squish flat when you place your head on them. I did not have the problem others mentioned with light shining around the door or the AC blowing on the bed. I did notice the sound of the AC kicking on, but I think that was due to my own insomnia, not that it was overly loud. I slept fine and didn’t notice it the other two nights. As others mentioned, the bathroom is really tight. I was by myself, so it wasn’t an issue, but you do have to shut the door to get into the shower. The room comes with robes, hair dryer (a good one!), a little coffee pot that I used to make tea, and a mini bar. No fridge or microwave for personal use.
I signed up for the rewards program, and recommend everyone do the same. With the program I got free internet and morning delivery of my coffee with milk. Well worth an occasional email since the internet is $10 a day.
The gym features a small mix of equipment, including 3 treadmills (what I used). I also noticed elliptical, weights, weight machine, and possibly a stationary bike. They even have complimentary headphones, which was handy since I forgot mine. This is one of the nicer hotel gyms I have used.
The meeting facilities are nice; well stocked with beverages and snacks.
The service was wonderful. I didn’t have any issues, and everyone I encountered with the hotel was overly friendly.
The Omni is conveniently located on the Pedestrian Mall, a very nice location for walking, shopping, and eating. I enjoyed several restaurants during my stay and was able to hop in and out of a few stores. I never moved my car during my three night stay – a true treat indeed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night here at the Omni.
Received exceptional service from the reception desk , restaurant , fitness center.
Great location , walk to downtown mall.
Can not wait to come back.
I highly recommend this place . Visit UVA, Monticello , and downtown mall. Plenty of winery and apple orchard closely.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are glad you had a great stay and found plenty to do near our hotel. Thank you for reviewing the Omni Charlottesville and we hope you will return soon.

Been to Omni Charlottesville? Share your experiences!