We had the worst possible stay on a rainy weekend. Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything nice to say about this hotel.
Charlottesville is a beautiful city but if you pick a bad hotel, your stay can be the most unsatisfying. This hotel is located on a busy intersection and it is really difficult to get in and out of the parking lot. Once you are in your room, you can enjoy the ugly views of the same busy street and grocery store across the road. Don't expect views of Shenandoah from this hotel.
The hotel is also very dated. The furniture is falling apart. We had a 1 foot long metal rod sticking out of one of the uncomfortable beds. Watch your shins in this one.
I am surprised that Holiday Inn is willing put its name on this operation. Certainly not worthy of a major brand and definitely not a 3 star hotel. Stay away from this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Holiday Inn University Area
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Charlottesville Hotel- University Area and Conference Center. Our hotel is conveniently located on (Route 29) Emmet Street. The University of Virginia is located within one mile of the hotel. Nearby attractions include the University of Virginia, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland, Wineries, Michie Tavern, Montpelier, and various boutique shops and galleries. Nearby companies and government offices include State Farm Regional Office, GE -Fanuc, Northrop Grumman, Lexi-Nexis, Klockner, Sprint, PRA, National Ground Intelligence Center, J.A.G. School, UVA Health Systems, and Biotage Technologies. Our newly renovated, spacious rooms include free high speed wireless Internet. We also offer a business center, fitness facility, pay per view movies, coffee/ tea makers, room service, guest laundry, free USA Today on the weekdays and complimentary shuttle service to the Charlottesville Airport. During your stay we invite you to dine at our Lobby Cafe'. We are the ideal location for your wedding, banquet, meeting or any special event. The Holiday Inn University area offers facilities to accommodate up to 300 people, with over 4,900 square feet of meeting space. Let our expert staff work for you in accommodating your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.