My husband and teenage son stayed in this hotel over a weekend this summer. Overall, we found it to be comfortable and clean. All three of us slept well. The desk chair did not adjust, so my husband ended up sitting in the lounge chair at the table instead of at the desk, which was okay but not the purpose of having a desk chair.and desk. (The Business Center does have computers but the area is too noisy to actually do any work, but would be fine for printing boarding passes or checking traffic and weather sites, etc.) The TV was an updated flat-screen, which my son appreciated. If you do not travel with your own shampoo and conditioner, be aware that there was only one teensy bottle of shampoo in the bathroom, and although it was a pleasant Bath and Body Works scent, it would not have been sufficient for three people. The lobby was very pretty, and had the TV on at all hours of the day. This did not bother us in the room, however, since there is a door that separates the lobby from the corridor that leads to the rooms. The bar and restaurant are behind a wall in the lobby. Breakfast was not included in the room price so we did not experience the restaurant area at all, but the bar seemed to have a bit of business during the evenings. They were advertising a happy hour special just outside the entrance to the bar, so perhaps this is why. Coffee and tea were available in the lobby each morning, but not until after 6:30 or so. We had already gone out for coffee, only to return to find it waiting in the lobby. There is a grocery store across the street and a refrigerator in the room, so we could have our orange juice and fruit first thing when we got up. We did not use the pool or other facilities, so I cannot comment on them. We will stay here again in a couple of weeks and are looking forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Charlottesville Hotel- University Area and Conference Center. Our hotel is conveniently located on (Route 29) Emmet Street. The University of Virginia is located within one mile of the hotel. Nearby attractions include the University of Virginia, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland, Wineries, Michie Tavern, Montpelier, and various boutique shops and galleries. Nearby companies and government offices include State Farm Regional Office, GE -Fanuc, Northrop Grumman, Lexi-Nexis, Klockner, Sprint, PRA, National Ground Intelligence Center, J.A.G. School, UVA Health Systems, and Biotage Technologies. Our newly renovated, spacious rooms include free high speed wireless Internet. We also offer a business center, fitness facility, pay per view movies, coffee/ tea makers, room service, guest laundry, free USA Today on the weekdays and complimentary shuttle service to the Charlottesville Airport. During your stay we invite you to dine at our Lobby Cafe'. We are the ideal location for your wedding, banquet, meeting or any special event. The Holiday Inn University area offers facilities to accommodate up to 300 people, with over 4,900 square feet of meeting space. Let our expert staff work for you in accommodating your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Holiday Inn University Area
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn