We paid 90 dollars for a tiny room/bed that was dirty thank god we only stayed one night. We found someones dirty baby clothing under the bed. The bathroom smelled soooo bad I dont know why it looked clean but smelled of sewage. The vent in the bathroom was busted open and stuffed with lots of dust and lent. Someone pulled the fire alarm while we were staying and I called the front desk and the lady said "Uh we don't know whats going on but we are investigating you should probably evacuate in case." Which followed up with me rushing my fiance out of the shower and getting him dressed to go and having them call us back saying never mind. I went to workout and that honestly was the best part of the hotel the workout room lol! When I went though to work out it was 9am and there was food all over the hallways and laundry everywhere which wouldn't be an issue if I saw house keeping somewhere. They were also renovating the place which made the elevators dusty. Wouldn't be staying here again. Also the view from the room was a bunch of dumpsters and the gross moldy pool. I wish I would have taken more photos but my fiance insisted that I stop once I showed him the pictures of the vents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Monticello Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are 2 miles from the Historic Downtown Mall . We are the closest hotel to nearby attractions such as: Monticello; Ash Lawn-Highland; and Michie Tavern, and a convenient 3 miles from the University of Virginia and the UVa Hospital. Our hotel is just minutes away from the numerous arts and entertainment events held at the Paramount Theatre, Downtown Pavilion, Starr Hill Music Hall, Ash-Lawn Opera, and our newest venue, the John Paul Jones Arena also known as The Jack or JPJ . For visitors traveling on business we are close to State Farm Regional Office, GE-Fanuc, Hyosung, Lexis Nexis, SNL Securities, Klockner Pentaplast, UVA Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, , and Luck Stone Corp. This Charlottesville hotel features comfortably appointed rooms, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, HBO, pay-per-view movies, irons & boards, hair dryers and coffee makers. The full service restaurant Charlotte s serves breakfast, dinner and room service daily. We have over 2200 square feet of versatile meeting and banquet space to host events for business meetings, weddings, reunions , and events . Let our experienced staff focus on the details to ensure that your event is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn