“Comfortable, convenient, and reasonably quiet - I'll be back.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Internet + Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable, convenient, and reasonably quiet - I'll be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

What I liked about this hotel was the courteous staff - including the phone call after I had settled in to ensure the room was perfect. Everyone with whom I interacted was pleasant and polished and friendly. I appreciated the free wi-fi and the mini-fridge and microwave. This hotel is within a nice walk or very fast drive to a Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's, and Harris Teeter (if you like to take advantage of your mini-fridge and microwave). It's 10 minutes from downtown, and about the same to two different 2-mile beautiful stretches of the Rivanna Trail - great for running and walking. I also really loved being able to open the balcony door and listen the the sounds of the night; my room backed Hillsdale Drive, which is residential and wooded and quiet. The fitness center was small, but the equipment was well-maintained (there is also a Gold's Gym nearby). The bed and bedding were comfortable. What I might recommend to the hotel staff to make this an even better property are the following: install some foam or something to dampen the sound of the nearby room doors slamming, which brought me out of a deep sleep several times during my stay. Also, it might be time to flip or swap the mattresses in room 243...the mattress on the bed that is near the wall and away from the room is nice and flat and firm. The other well-used mattress has a big divot in it. :-) Finally, the next time this hotel undergoes renovation, I might recommend a bit more insulation between rooms so that I am not subjected to my neighbor's choice of television programming into the wee hours of the morning.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second (top) floor facing Hillsdale Drive...a relatively quiet road backed by wo...
Green Features: Guests are given the option to re-use bedding and towels. Personally, I really like the Sheraton policy of giving you the option of passing on housekeeping entirely in return for a $5 hotel credit. I wish more properties would adopt this environmentally-friendly policy.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family stayed here for two nights. From check in to check out our experience was fatastic! We arrived early and had a room available. Entire property was spotless. Courtyard was very pretty. We had a small balcony to sit outside. Maid service was very very friendly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The service was great, the rooms and decor was modern but cozy, and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel is very clean and they serve Starbucks handcrafted espresso beverages in the lobby. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bangor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I were in Charlottesville Virginia on business and stayed here. The hotel was easy to find, clean and quiet. They have a wonderful staff who made the check in and stay memorable. We had breakfast the next morning which also was very nice, not your usual hotel buffet breakfast but a real sit-down served to order meal. I can see us staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear JohnRG, Thank you very much for such a nice review of your experience at our hotel! I look forward to sharing your comments about the clean hotel, nice breakfast, and our wonderful staff. They will be so appreciative, as am I. Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Sincerely, Elizabeth P.-General Manager
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister and I were in Charlottesville for a glass making class @ Glass Pallette. The class ended @ 9PM so we needed a 1 night stay. Unfortunately we chose the weekend the Wine Festival started and had trouble finding a room at the last minute. Courtyard was the 3rd hotel we tried. The internet rate was better than the AAA rate. There was a problem with the first room assigned, so the manager upgraded us to a double suite. It was perfect!! Modern living room area w/ couch and chairs, coffee station. The bathroom sink is located outside the bathroom which made sharing super easy. The beds in the sleeping room were comfortable for me; a little "soft" for my sister. The property is tucked in the back of an office park. Not so easy to find, but worth the trip. Next morning, we drove to Bodo's for breakfast, stopped @ Trader Joe's for wine, and headed to Ashlawn Highlands. Great, girl, trip!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear TJCaudill, Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I'm so happy you enjoyed your suite. There is nothing better than a fun girls trip and I thank you for letting us be a small part of it. We look forward to welcoming you and your sister back again soon! Sincerely, Elizabeth P.-General Manager
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

All of the staff from the front desk to Duane who setup our meeting room were very accommodating, friendly and professional.

I would recommend this facility for meetings and business travel.

I have been planning and delivering seminars around the US for more than 20 years and this facility exceeded my expectations.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Bruce L, Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a complimentary review! We aim to exceed expectations with each of our guests and I'm so pleased we achieved that with you. We enjoyed having you and your group here with us and hope that you will have a chance to return to Charlottesville for another meeting again soon! Thank you again. Sincerely, Elizabeth P.-General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am really not sure how this hotel ever get such high review. I stayed at the hotel on April 10, 2015. My room was full of dust. I had to clean up the room myself before we settled in. The carpet was dirty. The dust did not bother me as much as the room. It was a handicap room, therefore, the bath tub was too small for my husband. Before my husband took his shower, I asked to switch the room, but the first lady I asked told me there is NO room in this hotel that has two beds except on the first floor and there were two rooms available on other floors, and the handicap room was the only room available(wow, I did not believe this statement, dear Manager - will you please confirm that this hotel does not have two beds room except on the first floor !!!!!!) I again tried my luck to ask another lady, the second lady told me - there was no room available without even checked with the system.
When I checked out the next day, one lady told me at the check out counter - they double charged her on her debit card. I checked my credit card statement, sure enough they over charged me by ~ $39.00. I called on April 13, 2015 to ask why - the lady told me - the money will be refunded within the next 7 t0 10 business day. I will keep an eye on this refund and will update this review after the money is refunded.
Overall, I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: From what I was told - this hotel does not has two beds room except on the first floor, therefore, t...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear LikeToTravel709, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I did want to let you know that on the evening of April 10th when you said you stayed, we were indeed completely sold out. So at that time, we did only have the rooms available that you were told at that point in the day. All other rooms were occupied, including our second floor queen/queen rooms. Our staff always try to do everything possible to get our guests into the perfect room for them. I'm sorry we weren't able to accomplish that this time for you.

I also wanted to let you know that the appearance of over billing on your credit card was the amount for any incidental charges you may have wished to incur during your stay in our Bistro, or on the telephone, movies, etc. Once your bill is settled, those charges are released by us immediately upon check out, but your bank may hold the funds longer. We don't have any control over when banks releases them. I'm sorry this was confusing for you; it is a standard procedure at hotels. Lastly, thank you very much for the feedback about our carpet. We maintain them daily and actually had professional carpet cleaners in at the end of March for all of our rooms as we often do. I will inspect the room right away to make sure any recent issues are addressed immediately.

I'm terribly sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I hope that you will return again soon for a better experience. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Elizabeth P.-General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North? Share your experiences!