What I liked about this hotel was the courteous staff - including the phone call after I had settled in to ensure the room was perfect. Everyone with whom I interacted was pleasant and polished and friendly. I appreciated the free wi-fi and the mini-fridge and microwave. This hotel is within a nice walk or very fast drive to a Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's, and Harris Teeter (if you like to take advantage of your mini-fridge and microwave). It's 10 minutes from downtown, and about the same to two different 2-mile beautiful stretches of the Rivanna Trail - great for running and walking. I also really loved being able to open the balcony door and listen the the sounds of the night; my room backed Hillsdale Drive, which is residential and wooded and quiet. The fitness center was small, but the equipment was well-maintained (there is also a Gold's Gym nearby). The bed and bedding were comfortable. What I might recommend to the hotel staff to make this an even better property are the following: install some foam or something to dampen the sound of the nearby room doors slamming, which brought me out of a deep sleep several times during my stay. Also, it might be time to flip or swap the mattresses in room 243...the mattress on the bed that is near the wall and away from the room is nice and flat and firm. The other well-used mattress has a big divot in it. :-) Finally, the next time this hotel undergoes renovation, I might recommend a bit more insulation between rooms so that I am not subjected to my neighbor's choice of television programming into the wee hours of the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Courtyard Charlottesville North hotel is conveniently located off Route 29 North, just minutes from historic downtown Charlottesville. This Charlottesville hotel is in close proximity to a variety of specialty shops and restaurants, as well as, near the University of Virginia (UVA), home of the Cavaliers. Courtyard Charlottesville is a short drive from Monticello Plantation and in close proximity to the southern entrance of Shenandoah National Park.Designed for the business traveler, yet pleasing for all, the Courtyard Charlottesville North knows what is important to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charlottesville North Hotel Charlottesville
- Courtyard Charlottesville North
- Charlottesville Courtyard
- Charlottesville Marriott