I had stayed at the Boars Head 6 years previously and it was dirty and shabby. This time there have been serious improvements made. The rooms are better appointed, and it is much more of a destination resort, although our short stay did not allow us to eat here or use any of the facilities. I will say that the concierge both at night and in the morning were very much on top of their games. We had requested tickets late in the evening to Monticello (the next day), and when we stopped by early the next morning, the concierge provided reservations and directions. He could not have been more helpful. The one negative is that the bathrooms are very small and old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boar’s Head is a quintessential Virginia resort, offering a warm, intimate ambiance, exceptional service and unparalleled Southern hospitality. Located on a bucolic 573-acre country estate, our AAA Four Diamond resort offers 175 newly-renovated guest rooms and suites, Four Diamond dining in the Old Mill Room, a wide variety of world class recreational activities, spa and 22,000 square feet of meeting facilities for groups of 20 to 630.Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, Boar’s Head is just minutes from the University of Virginia that was founded by Thomas Jefferson, only two hours from Washington, D.C., and at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Boar's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boar`s Head Hotel Charlottesville
- Boars Head Hotel
- Boars Head Charlottesville
- Boars Head Inn Charlottesville Va