Friends and I stayed at the Inn early in September--the weekend of the UVa/Penn State football game. We opted for the Inn due to its great location--we're not really cute inn people. I'd been to there before--in a rare exception to my 'no cute inn' rule--and was hoping that it was as nice as I remembered it. I needed have worried at all, it was still the same delightful spot. Our rooms were very attractive and comfortable, the staff friendly and attentive, and the continental breakfast and snacks were quite tasty. too.
Interacting with the other guests at breakfast or over drinks on the patio added quite a lot to our stay. So, if you're there for a convention of misanthropes, well.....actually, no hotel is going to make that a good time!
Staying in downtown Charlottesville means you're within walking distance of lots of fun places to eat, drink, and shop. Yes, the train tracks are right behind the hotel, but I actually found that rather amusing than bothersome--and I'm not the kind of guy who can sleep through anything.
I've stayed in lots of places in Charlottesville--chain hotels on Rte 29 or near the University, and even snooty bed and breakfasts (what was I thinking?!). 200 South Street is a favorite and I'm looking forward to returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville